stomper on win

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
siestomp

stomper on win

Postby siestomp » Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 am

Good morning,
somewhere (can't find it) you put a recommendation on an emulator to run android / stomper at a win based computer.
That thread has been way old.
Is there any advice?
Thank you, horst
planet-h

Re: stomper on win

Postby planet-h » Wed May 15, 2019 6:58 am

Hi Horst
Bluestacks is your best option.
V.4 works great, much better than the older versions.
siestomp

Postby siestomp » Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 am

Hi, I have inestigated a bit and found:
Grundsätzlich ist der "BlueStacks App Player" kostenlos, kommt dafür aber mit Werbung und unterbricht Sie regelmäßig bei der Nutzung von Apps. Wer das nicht will, muss ein monatliches Abo in Höhe von derzeit 3,33 US-Dollar abschließen.

For sure I am willing to pay for something I get, but I am not willing to accept subscription or breaks for advertisment.
Next point is: 'Adnroid 7.1' supported. I think, I have to wait - and meanwhile to practise on my little 9.0 handy surface :-) .
horst
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri May 17, 2019 5:57 am

siestomp wrote:For sure I am willing to pay for something I get, but I am not willing to accept subscription or breaks for advertisment.
Next point is: 'Adnroid 7.1' supported. I think, I have to wait - and meanwhile to practise on my little 9.0 handy surface :-) .
horst

Totally understand what you mean.
But I also understand that Bluestacks doesn't give their work out for free.

However, there are various options to run Android apps on Windows.
But none of them comes close to the Bluestacks V4 performance, and none of them supports a higher Android version than 7.1 yet.
Also, none of the emulators on Windows allow USB or BLE MIDI connectivity.

Another option for a large screen are chromebooks. You'd be surprised how great Android apps run on these.
But also chromebooks do not come with higher Android versions than 7.1 yet.
Chromebooks allow MIDI over Bluetooth LE, and some devices also work with USB MIDI (but by far not all).
senhorlampada

Postby senhorlampada » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Hey there! So... regarding emulators on windows, Bluestacks would be what I recommend too. Tried running audio apps on Nox and it's a pain to setup, and has too many stuttering issues.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:19 pm

senhorlampada wrote:Hey there! So... regarding emulators on windows, Bluestacks would be what I recommend too. Tried running audio apps on Nox and it's a pain to setup, and has too many stuttering issues.

I fully agree with you about Bluestacks. Since it supports Android 7.x, it performs very well.
I didn't test Nox so far, but from what I heard it should run well, too.
However, reviews say: Which of them runs smoother depends on your hardware specs and on the apps you want to use.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”