Recording full vocal songs

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Musicmatters

Recording full vocal songs

Postby Musicmatters » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:01 am

Good day everyone. I'm new to g stomper and I must say it's an amazing music making app. But the reason im making this thread is because I'm a vocalist and I would like to know if it's possible to record full vocals tracks directly in the app or should that be done in a separate app? Is g stomper studio a full daw that is designed for this type of thing or is it just meant to make grooves that are meant to be exported into another daw like fl studio to add vocals? Please get back in touch as soon as possible with regarding this question, thanks. Jay.
planet-h

Re: Recording full vocal songs

Postby planet-h » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 am

Welcome to the forum, Jay
And thanks for your message.

Musicmatters wrote:Good day everyone. I'm new to g stomper and I must say it's an amazing music making app. But the reason im making this thread is because I'm a vocalist and I would like to know if it's possible to record full vocals tracks directly in the app or should that be done in a separate app? Is g stomper studio a full daw that is designed for this type of thing or is it just meant to make grooves that are meant to be exported into another daw like fl studio to add vocals? Please get back in touch as soon as possible with regarding this question, thanks. Jay.

You can record samples in all G-Stomper apps, but the apps are not built to record full audio tracks while the sequenced music is running.
There are a two "real" options to do that on Android: AEM and N-Track.
There might be more, but as far as I know, these two are the only ones that do the job well.
Musicmatters

Postby Musicmatters » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:24 am

Good day to you. While using g stomper producer I noticed you allow music to be made using the drum pads. But I will like to know if it's possible to make the drum pads work more like a launchpad like remixlive in the play store. What I want to do is to be able to start a loop by pressing one pad and then stop it when I press it again, and mix different sounds together through improvisation. Is any of that possible with the current set up?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Musicmatters wrote:Good day to you. While using g stomper producer I noticed you allow music to be made using the drum pads. But I will like to know if it's possible to make the drum pads work more like a launchpad like remixlive in the play store. What I want to do is to be able to start a loop by pressing one pad and then stop it when I press it again, and mix different sounds together through improvisation. Is any of that possible with the current set up?

With pre-recorded audio loops, this isn't possible and it won't be possible in the future. G-Stomper Producer is not meant to be used with pre-recorded audio loops.

You can use G-Stomper Producer that way with its own patterns of course.
Just watch the video tutorial at https://youtu.be/NN9LbEo8vys?t=813 (starting at 13:33) and you'll see how it works.

Or check out the related chapter in the documentation:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part21.htm

If you want to work with pre-recorded audio loops, then use RemixLive for this purpose.
You can use RemixLive togeter with G-Stomper Producer, either on the same device in split-screen/multi-window mode, or on a different device. In both cases you can sync both apps using Ableton Link over a local WiFi network.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”