"Select" channel/part via Mixer Screen

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
drewinnit

"Select" channel/part via Mixer Screen

Postby drewinnit » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 pm

hello

Is there a way to arm or Select a track via the mixer view? It seems logical this would be possible but I can't seem to work out how. if not, could I perhaps suggest adding a feature where a Long Hold on the Solo button would Select that part?

When I am performing I like to use the mixer screen for easy access to Send FX, Insert FX, Multi Mute config. I am using a MIDI controller to tweak Drum Machine and Beast parameters, but need to go to their respective screens to be able to change between which of them is Selected.

if anyone has any suggestions on alternative ways to move between Selected Drum Machine/Beast parts, please share.

thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/fevered-shiva
planet-h

Re: "Select" channel/part via Mixer Screen

Postby planet-h » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:30 pm

drewinnit wrote:Is there a way to arm or Select a track via the mixer view? It seems logical this would be possible but I can't seem to work out how. if not, could I perhaps suggest adding a feature where a Long Hold on the Solo button would Select that part?

When I am performing I like to use the mixer screen for easy access to Send FX, Insert FX, Multi Mute config. I am using a MIDI controller to tweak Drum Machine and Beast parameters, but need to go to their respective screens to be able to change between which of them is Selected.

if anyone has any suggestions on alternative ways to move between Selected Drum Machine/Beast parts, please share.

I'm sorry to say, but so far there's no way to select a track from within the mixer view.
I'd recommend to use the portrait mode.
In portrait mode you can have the drum machine, the mixer and one more view open.
And since the latest update, the performance of the portrait mode should be much better than before.

Hope that's helpful
drewinnit

Postby drewinnit » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm

thanks for the tip, i actually have never tried the app in portrait mode. wouldn't have thought of that myself, will investigate. thanks!
drewinnit

Postby drewinnit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 am

update: using Portrait Mode has given my live jam performance so much more hands-on possibilities! i keep lower two screens as Sampler/Beast and use top for Mixer, Send FX and Pattern modes. super cool, feels like an upgrade but was an existing feature I just wasn't aware of ;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm

drewinnit wrote:update: using Portrait Mode has given my live jam performance so much more hands-on possibilities! i keep lower two screens as Sampler/Beast and use top for Mixer, Send FX and Pattern modes. super cool, feels like an upgrade but was an existing feature I just wasn't aware of ;)

Awesome, that's great to hear.
I'm glad you're happy with the portrait mode;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”