How to edit sample length

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Bebo

How to edit sample length

Postby Bebo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:37 pm

So I recorded a sample, but there is a little bit of dead space at the beginning. I opened the audio editor and adjusted the blue and red sliders to get rid of the dead space and saved it as a new sample. Yet when I load the new sample, it's identical to the old one. How do I make changes in the audio editor and retain those changes?
planet-h

Re: How to edit sample length

Postby planet-h » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, Bebo
And thanks for your message.

Bebo wrote:So I recorded a sample, but there is a little bit of dead space at the beginning. I opened the audio editor and adjusted the blue and red sliders to get rid of the dead space and saved it as a new sample. Yet when I load the new sample, it's identical to the old one. How do I make changes in the audio editor and retain those changes?

Setting the markers does not actually edit the sample. The markers are just used by the particular edit operations.

Here is what you need to do to cut away the leading silence:

1. Set the markers as you did before
2. Press EDIT in the toolbar of the audio editor and choose "Crop" from the menu.
3. Finally save the sample and then exit the audio editor

For further details about the edit operations, please refer to the Audio Editor chapter in the user manual:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_AudioEditor/part22.htm
Bebo

Re: How to edit sample length

Postby Bebo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 am

I see it now. Thanks

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”