recording button

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
qpluskequals

recording button

Postby qpluskequals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 pm

am i able to record vocal sound and set it up as a track inside a pattern ?

the record button lights up red so obviously it does something ... but i cant figure out what it does
planet-h

Re: recording button

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:48 am

Welcome to the forum, qpluskequals

qpluskequals wrote:am i able to record vocal sound and set it up as a track inside a pattern ?

the record button lights up red so obviously it does something ... but i cant figure out what it does

The main RECORD button is not supposed to record any samples.
Its function is to record sequences to the main sequencer.

To record a sample from microphone you must use the audio editor.
Long press one of the Track buttons (e.g. T01), then select the LOAD tab and choose "Record Sample from Microphone" from the menu.
That will open the audio editor ... ready to record a vocal sound...
qpluskequals

Postby qpluskequals » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:35 pm

after i posted my comment i arranged my first song - and discovered how the record button functions in the pattern set

i opened the audio editor - and recorded by speaking directly into phone (i have no mic that can be plugged in) - the vertical bar on left moves up and down with the sound but there is no waveform inside the box - after i stop the recording there is no recorded sample in the track slot

when i import a user sound into the audio editor the waveform does appear - and editing functions work fine

i am on a samsung 6 galaxy - and when i use the wavepad app it effectively records my voice when i speak into phone
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:05 pm

qpluskequals wrote:i opened the audio editor - and recorded by speaking directly into phone (i have no mic that can be plugged in) - the vertical bar on left moves up and down with the sound but there is no waveform inside the box - after i stop the recording there is no recorded sample in the track slot

when i import a user sound into the audio editor the waveform does appear - and editing functions work fine

OK, now that makes more sense;)

When you hit the record button once (in the audio editor as well as in the seqencer), then the recording is first in paused state.
You can see that the play button is blinking... this means it's paused.

In case of the audio editor, when the recording is paused, the mic is already open, therefore you see the VU meter showing the incoming sound.
Now, to effectively start the recording you can either press play after you pressed record for the first time, or likewise you can just hit the record button for a second time.
Then the recording starts and runs until you press stop.

Did that solve your problem?
qpluskequals

Postby qpluskequals » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm

i m m e a s u r a b l e t h a n k s

the recording function works beautifully with my voice - clear sound with minimal background noise
i now have to study all the audio editor features so i can improve the timing, volume etc.

i started using g stomper a year ago - finally this week ive had the time to thoroughly experiment with it - its a great product
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:26 am

qpluskequals wrote:i m m e a s u r a b l e t h a n k s

the recording function works beautifully with my voice - clear sound with minimal background noise
i now have to study all the audio editor features so i can improve the timing, volume etc.

i started using g stomper a year ago - finally this week ive had the time to thoroughly experiment with it - its a great product

Thanks for the kind words:).

You're very welcome.
I'm glad to hear that the problem is gone.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”