Akai APC 25 Key

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
planet-h

Re: Akai APC 25 Key

Postby planet-h » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:28 am

Folkdisco wrote:Also if pattern and play control notes are prevented from going through to play notes on the synth or sampler, that might be peachy!

As the play, stop, record mapping is in the global MIDI mappings, those notes go use the global MIDI channel, and do therefore not interfere with any other MIDI channels.
Of course this is only the case if you map different MIDI channels to Global and Synth (or Drum Sampler).

Folkdisco wrote:Yes! Yes! Exactly that! :-D

Great! It's on the task list now.
Folkdisco

Postby Folkdisco » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Just on a related point. Is it possible, or could it be possible, to change patterns or play/stop/record/etc, with alphanumeric input?

Obviously, I'm thinking about bluetooth or wifi numberpads, keypads and keyboards here! :-)

This morning, I have been playing around a bit more with conditional events in the step editor. Astonishing variety coming out of a one bar drum loop. Being able to do this stuff on single notes is just brilliant stuff. Doing it on a mobile phone is astonishing.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Folkdisco wrote:Just on a related point. Is it possible, or could it be possible, to change patterns or play/stop/record/etc, with alphanumeric input?

Obviously, I'm thinking about bluetooth or wifi numberpads, keypads and keyboards here! :-)

I wouldn't say "never", but for now this is not possible, and also not planned, at least not for the near future.
The problem with such controllers is that these would require to build a completely new driver.
And due to the enormous variety of different control devices, this would take a lot of time, which I simply don't have at the moment.

Folkdisco wrote:This morning, I have been playing around a bit more with conditional events in the step editor. Astonishing variety coming out of a one bar drum loop. Being able to do this stuff on single notes is just brilliant stuff. Doing it on a mobile phone is astonishing.

Thanks a lot :) Great to hear that you like the step conditions.
It's definitely one of the number one features for audio nerds:). I'm loving it too ;)
Folkdisco

Postby Folkdisco » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 am

If alphanumeric input is easy, do it. If it's a pain, forget it! Keep up the good work, dude.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 am

Folkdisco wrote:If alphanumeric input is easy, do it. If it's a pain, forget it! Keep up the good work, dude.

Capturing the alphanumeric key presses is as actually very easy, since it's just basic functionality of the underlying Android API.
The complicated part is that such a module would require a completely new setup for the mapping, as a fixed mapping just doesn't make sense.
Also, making sure that regular key presses from the on screen KB won't interfere might be quite difficult.
However, as said, I wouldn't say "never" ;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Folkdisco wrote:Yes! Yes! Yes! Exactly that!
I think PRG 0-63 covers it.
CC xx 0-63 covers it.
With notes, I could imagine someone using the left or right portion of a keyboard to select patterns, and the rest of the keyboard to play notes.
So *maybe* if you assign top and bottom notes, then these could be assigned to pattern A1 up to wherever the top note is OR pattern A1+63 maximum.
If there are separate mappings for each pattern, fine, no problem whatsoever.
All the other mappings, yes brilliant stuff.

Also if pattern and play control notes are prevented from going through to play notes on the synth or sampler, that might be peachy!

But basically...
Yes! Yes! Exactly that! :-D

The following has just been implemented and will definitely be in the next update:
Pattern Slots (one cc mapping for all) : CC-XXX : value 0..63
Pattern Slots (one key mapping for each) : NoteOn
PLAY/STOP/RECORD (one key mapping for each):NoteOn

Note: All these mappings are MIDI IN only
Folkdisco

Postby Folkdisco » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Excellent!
Keep up the good work dude.
:D

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”