App not compatible

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
prophet

App not compatible

Postby prophet » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Hey, I have an Archos Family Pad 2 and want to use G Stomper Studio.
The Drummachine G Stomper works fine but when I try to install G Stomper Studio, it says "app not compatible" without saying why.
The Android is version 4.1.1 Kernel version 3.0.8 and when I select system updates from the settings of the device in order to check for firmware it says up to date. It is an old device but what could be the reason I can use G Stomper but cant install G Stomper Studio?
planet-h

Re: App not compatible

Postby planet-h » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 am

Welcome to the forum, prophet.
And thanks for your message.

prophet wrote:Hey, I have an Archos Family Pad 2 and want to use G Stomper Studio.
The Drummachine G Stomper works fine but when I try to install G Stomper Studio, it says "app not compatible" without saying why.
The Android is version 4.1.1 Kernel version 3.0.8 and when I select system updates from the settings of the device in order to check for firmware it says up to date. It is an old device but what could be the reason I can use G Stomper but cant install G Stomper Studio?

When you say "The Drummachine G Stomper", then you mean "G-Stomper Rhythm", the free rhythm composer app, is that correct?

Generally, if G-Stomper Rhythm supports the Archos FamilyPad 2, then G-Stomper Studio does, too.
I gave it a quick check, and both, G-Stomper Studio demo and full version are compatible with the Archos FamilyPad 2.

It might be that paid apps are not supported by Google Play in your country, which would result in a "not compatible" message.
But it looks like you're from Germany, so I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem.

However, have you tried to install the free G-Stomper Studio Demo?
Is the demo installing?

It might also be a problem in Google Play's cached data.
Please do the following:

1. Go to system settings / apps / Google Play Store
2. Clear cache and data
3. Reboot your device
4. Try again to install G-Stomper Studio.

Please let me know if that solved your problem.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:54 pm

After some further research, it turned out that the "incompatibility" occurs when you have an old version of the Play Store app installed.
This usually is the case right after a factory reset or if you start a new phone (that comes with an older Android version) for the first time.

The good:
The only thing you have to do is to reboot your device and give it 10 minutes up to 1 hour until it updates the Play Store app by itself.
Once the Play Store app is updated to the current release, the problem will vanish.
prophet

Postby prophet » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am

Hey,

thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I still get the same error message trying to install the G-Stomper Studio Demo version - installation of G-Stomper Rythm worked fine.
I cleared the cache and I also uninstalled and installed all the google apps again. :cry:
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:30 pm

prophet wrote:Hey,

thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I still get the same error message trying to install the G-Stomper Studio Demo version - installation of G-Stomper Rythm worked fine.
I cleared the cache and I also uninstalled and installed all the google apps again. :cry:

Sorry to hear that.
It's really strange, since both apps, G-Stomper Rhythm and G-Stomper Studio DEMO have absolute identical system requirements and are set up the same way on Google Play.
The only difference (from the installation point of view) is the apk size. G-Stomper Studio DEMO is 83mb while G-Stomper Rhythm is only 47mb. Maybe that makes a difference on your device.

However, I've mailed you a direct download link to the G-Stomper Studio DEMO apk. Just download the apk and side-load it. That way you can workaround the "incompatibility" and test the demo. Hope that's serves your needs.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”