General question - modding UI/theming

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
MichPRich

General question - modding UI/theming

Postby MichPRich » Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 pm

This would be a "request" but it's a question for now; i read the "Creating addons" pages but i didn't see in there the ability to edit/mod current themes/skins of UI. I likr the look but i'm a bit of a theming-geek and would like to tweak hex-values to match my phones color scheme. Is there any way to do this easily without dissassembling the apk and recompiling (i've never been successful with the latter as i think that requires using the eclipse sdk environment on pc(?)). Basically, i would prefer to do this on my phonr alone, if possible.

Thanks! Amazing app, cant wait to be a part of beta :)
planet-h

Re: General question - modding UI/theming

Postby planet-h » Mon May 29, 2017 4:05 pm

MichPRich wrote:This would be a "request" but it's a question for now; i read the "Creating addons" pages but i didn't see in there the ability to edit/mod current themes/skins of UI. I likr the look but i'm a bit of a theming-geek and would like to tweak hex-values to match my phones color scheme. Is there any way to do this easily without dissassembling the apk and recompiling (i've never been successful with the latter as i think that requires using the eclipse sdk environment on pc(?)). Basically, i would prefer to do this on my phonr alone, if possible.

Thanks! Amazing app, cant wait to be a part of beta :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Really appreciate your support.

Regarding Skin Mods:
I'm sorry to say, but we do neither provide any tools for that, nor is it allowed to do it by disassembling the apk.
The reason is simple. The design is the public face of a product, and we simply don't want to have modified versions of the design out there.
Beside that fact... we're talking about around 1000 different png images, around 220 for each screen density.

Regarding the beta:
If you're willing to join, just follow the guide at http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=600.
It would be great to see you aboard.
MichPRich

Postby MichPRich » Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 pm

Thanks for your responses - all have been prompt and very informative. I have already given a 5 star rating, but that does not do justice to an app of this calibur with probably the best support i've seen for any app, period.

I definitely understand about decompiling concerns as relates to pirating.

I've gotten the beta, thanks :)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 am

MichPRich wrote:Thanks for your responses - all have been prompt and very informative. I have already given a 5 star rating, but that does not do justice to an app of this calibur with probably the best support i've seen for any app, period.

I definitely understand about decompiling concerns as relates to pirating.

I've gotten the beta, thanks :)

Awesome, thanks a lot for joining. Welcome aboard:)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”