Drum pads and drum machine question

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Voseone

Drum pads and drum machine question

Postby Voseone » Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Is there a setting for a monetary and toggle function for pads on the drum machine and drum pads?
planet-h

Re: Drum pads and drum machine question

Postby planet-h » Fri May 05, 2017 6:16 am

Welcome to the forum, Voseone

Voseone wrote:Is there a setting for a monetary and toggle function for pads on the drum machine and drum pads?

With "monetary" you mean "momentary", is this correct?
In what situation and in which track pad mode do you want that to happen?
Mute, Solo?

If the drum pads are momentary or toggle depends on the mode of the pads.
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_DrumSampler.htm#_Toc477779932

Play, Select, Play(live), Rhythm Arp are all momentary. The only modes that use of toggle buttons are Mute and Solo.
Voseone

Postby Voseone » Sun May 07, 2017 4:36 am

So in a momentary mode, the sound will only be played while it is pressed?
I thought if I long pressed 1-16 or the play button, a pop-up would show where I would designate whether it would be either of the two options.

Looking for the sample to play when you press the pad and stop when you release it. Is this momentary?

One shots are awesome too. But wanted some samples to play all the way thru and to chime in with others at will.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun May 07, 2017 7:19 am

Voseone wrote:So in a momentary mode, the sound will only be played while it is pressed?
I thought if I long pressed 1-16 or the play button, a pop-up would show where I would designate whether it would be either of the two options.

Looking for the sample to play when you press the pad and stop when you release it. Is this momentary?

One shots are awesome too. But wanted some samples to play all the way thru and to chime in with others at will.

No, at least not in this context. As you asked if you can switch between "toggle" and "momentary", I thought it's just about the technical button behavior.
Toggle = one click turns on, another click turns off again (if you turn mute on or off for example).
Momentary = one click turns technically on and off (off when you release the button), but in case of the drum samplers it always just triggers a sample and plays it as it is set up. The release does not have any influence to the sample playback length.

What you're looking for is a typical noteOn/noteOff behavior, like a synth does if you press and release a keyboard key.
You have this ability in the VA-Beast Synth. Just load your samples into the VA-Beast PCM sampler module.
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_VaBeastSynthesizer.htm#_Toc474916087
Scroll down to "8.2.3.1 PCM Setup", to the play modes. You can choose between various modes including "Play Once (Trigger)" (like in the drum machine) and "NoteOn/NoteOff" (that's what you're looking for).
Voseone

Postby Voseone » Sun May 07, 2017 8:26 am

:geek: thank you for your quick responses. And route

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”