midi footswitch ?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
DamienRuille

midi footswitch ?

Postby DamienRuille » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello,

congratulation for this software, it's the drum machine i was looking for my tablet. In order to use it while, i'm playing on my bass, i need to control it with a footswitch. A play button and some pattern should be enough, have you got some advises ?
planet-h

Re: midi footswitch ?

Postby planet-h » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 am

Welcome to the forum, Damien.

DamienRuille wrote:Hello,

congratulation for this software, it's the drum machine i was looking for my tablet. In order to use it while, i'm playing on my bass, i need to control it with a footswitch. A play button and some pattern should be enough, have you got some advises ?

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Great to hear that you're happy with the G-Stomper app.

I cannot give yo a specific footswitch (brand/model) recommendation.
But you can use almost every MIDI capable footswitch for this job.

If the footswitch can be connected over USB as a (ideally usb class compliant device), then all you need is an USB OTG adapter cable.
If the footswitch has only MIDI DIN connectors, then an additional USB to MIDI DIN interface is required.

Here's a detailed walk-through:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_Midi.htm#_Toc477780014

All G-Stomper apps can be started/stopped over MIDI, either using the MIDI start/stop/continue events, or by mapping specific MIDI CC numbers to your start/stop switch.

Switching patterns is also possible, but only in G-Stomper Studio (not in G-Stomper Rhythm), as only G-Stomper Studio provides the pattern set module where you can load up to 64 concurrent patterns. Patterns within a set can be changed by regular MIDI program change events (0..63).

If you get the chance.. it's always good to test the footswitch in the store.

Hope that answers your questions.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”