Announcing G-Stomper Studio 5.4

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
planet-h

Announcing G-Stomper Studio 5.4

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:25 am

G-Stomper Studio, Rhythm and VA-Beast 5.4 arrived today!

This new release introduces a full-featured, graphical Audio Editor, which lets you chop, edit or process your samples in uncompressed WAV or AIFF format (8..64bit, any sample rate, mono or stereo).

As part of the Audio Editor, you also get a new Audio Recorder to capture your own samples from your microphone or external audio hardware in high quality WAV format (8-16bit, 22.05-48kHz, mono or stereo).

Be sure to check out the updated Documentation. It provides a detailed chapter about the new Audio Editor and much more.

Furthermore, devices running Android N (7.0+) get a new audio system for lowest possible latency right out-of-the-box.

See the full list of changes in the release notes:
http://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-studio/gst-whats-new/
http://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-rhythm/rtm-whats-new/
http://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-va-beast/vab-whats-new/

G-Stomper Studio 5.4 is now online on Google Play, Amazon and SlideME.
nautama

Re: Announcing G-Stomper Studio 5.4

Postby nautama » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 am

Hi, I've been looking around but can't find an answer, When I try to record from my interface I get very low and distorted sound, and also I notice a noise gate type effect in the recording that eats all my sustain. This of course makes the recorded audio completely useless. I tried recording via a different app and it recorded perfectly, I see no options to adjust the input source in G Stomper, only to control recorded audio freq and bit depth. Is there anything I'm missing? I tried with two external audio interfaces and the problem was very much the same, the audio output works great by the way so it's not a connectivity issue. Please, help!

Thank you!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:37 am

nautama wrote:Hi, I've been looking around but can't find an answer, When I try to record from my interface I get very low and distorted sound, and also I notice a noise gate type effect in the recording that eats all my sustain. This of course makes the recorded audio completely useless. I tried recording via a different app and it recorded perfectly, I see no options to adjust the input source in G Stomper, only to control recorded audio freq and bit depth. Is there anything I'm missing? I tried with two external audio interfaces and the problem was very much the same, the audio output works great by the way so it's not a connectivity issue. Please, help!

I assume when you say "record from my interface", you actually mean "record using the audio editor shown on the screen shot above", correct?
This has actually nothing to do with the G-Stomper app. G-Stomper does not have any dynamic processors like noise gate or similar nor any other effects in the signal chain. If there is a gate, then it's applied by your device, before the signal comes to G-Stomper. For me, it sounds a bit like the sound you want to record is just too loud, or ... if that is not the case, that your device mic is not made for that sort of recording. Have you tried other apps to record the same sound in the same situation?
nautama

Postby nautama » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:38 am

Thanks a lot for the response, Yes, I'm trying to record from my audio interface via the audio editor but the problem persists, somehow I think the incoming sound is being treated as a phone call sound (if that makes sense) and after a certain threshold the sound intensity drops to zero (plus the audio quality overall sounds lacking spark). I tried recording via a different app (audio evolution mobile) that comes with it's dedicated USB audio codec and it works flawlessly. I also used my newer phone (Xiaomi redmi note 7) and it's working without issues so my guess is that it's the redmi note 5 that is not working properly. I think I'll just keep working with my newer phone because I have tried a lot of things but it doesn't work as it should and Im thinking it's a OS issue that I can't really fix. Maybe you know better, hopefully!

Thanks!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:21 am

It sounds like a combination of performance and Android OS (bad audio interface support) issue. The reason why it sounds distorted is because your device, your interface, a combination of both, or their connection cannot handle the load. In either case, there is unfortunately nothing we can do from inside the app, sorry.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”