RAM distortion

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
TIXE DOPE

RAM distortion

Postby TIXE DOPE » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:28 am

How can i lower the ram on the gstomper in my phone. I have gstomper studio but i have an android. The bar is purple now and when i playback it is usually distorted.
planet-h

Re: RAM distortion

Postby planet-h » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:13 am

Hi Tixe Dope
I've moved the topic over to General Questions, think that fits better for your question.

TIXE DOPE wrote:How can i lower the ram on the gstomper in my phone. I have gstomper studio but i have an android. The bar is purple now and when i playback it is usually distorted.

How much ram you have available "per app" depends on your device and your Android version. Android limits the RAM per app.
How much ram G-Stomper uses right after the start mostly depends on your screen resolution. As higher the screen resolution, as more ram is used for the graphics.

The other thing is, if you load a large amount of samples or just large samples, then those use ram as well. As more samples you load, as more ram is required to keep them in memory.

Here's what you can do when you run out of ram:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_Performance.htm#_Toc428949097

Please send me a message from inside the GSS app (main screen / help / contact / ... type your name and send).
That message will provide your device specs in the mail header. With that details I can say more.
planet-h

Re: RAM distortion

Postby planet-h » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:19 am

TIXE DOPE wrote:How can i lower the ram on the gstomper in my phone. I have gstomper studio but i have an android. The bar is purple now and when i playback it is usually distorted.

The other thing is the distortion you report. That has nothing to do with the ram, it's a performance issue.
First of all, turn the OpenSL audio system off:
Main Screen / Setup / AUD / Audio System = AudioTrack / restart G-Stomper.

Furthermore, follow the performance optimization guide at:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_Performance.htm#_Toc428949098

Also here, a message from inside the GSS app would be very helpful (main screen / help / contact / ... type your name and send)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”