Live Recording Bpm and Volume modulation

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
TIXE DOPE

Live Recording Bpm and Volume modulation

Postby TIXE DOPE » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:09 pm

I've been trying to make my own unique transition, the hardest part I think, when using Gstomper. What I want is; to have a pattern running and then slowly go down in bpm and master volume and then jump right into the next pattern. But whenever I try to record it that way the whole pattern stays at at the low bpm instead of starting the way I created it and then gradually slowing down. The only other way I can think of achieving this is to copy the pattern multiple times with lower volume and bpm on each one, but this wouldn't be as fluid as the other way. Please Help!
planet-h

Re: Live Recording Bpm and Volume modulation

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:05 am

Welcome to the forum, TIXI DOPE.

TIXE DOPE wrote:I've been trying to make my own unique transition, the hardest part I think, when using Gstomper. What I want is; to have a pattern running and then slowly go down in bpm and master volume and then jump right into the next pattern. But whenever I try to record it that way the whole pattern stays at at the low bpm instead of starting the way I created it and then gradually slowing down. The only other way I can think of achieving this is to copy the pattern multiple times with lower volume and bpm on each one, but this wouldn't be as fluid as the other way. Please Help!

Since you're looking at bpm automation, I assume that you use G-Stomper Studio (not G-Stomper Rhythm), is this correct?

In order to use BPM automation, you need first to enable this feature in the G-Stomper Settings.
Main Screen / SETUP / SEQ / Allow TEMPO/BPM automation recording = enable
(without this setting enabled, the tempo won't record automations)

You can either record the movement by hand or you can use step edit to create key steps at the beginning and end of the pattern and then "auto-complete" the automation.

Step Edit:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation.htm#_Toc429054851
(please notice that the timing & measure view don't has step edit controls, but you can switch back to the main screen to select the particular steps)

Auto Complete Automation:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation.htm#_Toc429054862

To raise the master volume, I recommend to use the "Auto Volume Fade-In feature", which creates a fade-in over the complete pattern length with a single click.
In the Master section, first set the volume you want to reach at the end of the pattern, then press "Automation" (toolbar on top), then choose "Create Volume Fade-In" from the menu.
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation.htm#_Toc429054863

Does this answer your questions?
TIXE DOPE

Re: Live Recording Bpm and Volume modulation

Postby TIXE DOPE » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks a million that helps me so much, I was sort of at standstill with getting better at navigating through Gstomper and this really gets me over the hump.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”