How do I access the Note Grid?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
ElectricRay

How do I access the Note Grid?

Postby ElectricRay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi - noobie here. I would like to access the Note Grid for detailed editing of bass lines. But when I go to the main menu as per the video tutorial, there's no option to select the note grid. What am I doing wrong?
planet-h

Re: How do I access the Note Grid?

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:57 am

Welcome to the forum, ElectricRay.

ElectricRay wrote:Hi - noobie here. I would like to access the Note Grid for detailed editing of bass lines. But when I go to the main menu as per the video tutorial, there's no option to select the note grid. What am I doing wrong?

I assume you're using G-Stomper Rhythm, the free drum machine, right?
G-Stomper Rhythm is a pure drum machine and does not provide a note grid sequencer.

Please notice that the beginners tutorial is built for G-Stomper Studio, and it shows various modules (such as the VA-Beast Synth) which are not available in G-Stomper Rhythm.

The note grid sequencer is exclusive in G-Stomper Studio.
Free demo at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeth.gstomperdemo

You can create simple tonal sequences in G-Stomper Rhythm in use of the note edit module on the main drum machine view.
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_PatternSequencer.htm#_Toc429054820
But for complex melodies you probably should go for G-Stomper Studio.
ElectricRay

Postby ElectricRay » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks very much. OK. I'll get my head around the drum machine first then upgrade (cool app by the way!)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:58 am

ElectricRay wrote:Thanks very much. OK. I'll get my head around the drum machine first then upgrade (cool app by the way!)

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it:).
And yes, it's a good way to get started (using the drum machine first).
That's one of the the main reasons why I created G-Stomper Rhythm as a standalone product.
For beginners, G-Stomper Studio can be kinda overwhelming with its mass of features.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”