Akai APC Mini set to patterns?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
goteesca

Akai APC Mini set to patterns?

Postby goteesca » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi, I have an APC Mini that seems to just set itself up as synth pads but I would like to use to to turn patterns on or off while recording a live set (a bit like I would use it for in ableton). I've searched all over to see if anyone has had anyone luck with this but I can't find anything :(
Also, I can't seem to figure out a way to make the sliders on the apc mini to be associated with any sliders in the software, it'd be nice to use them as individual volume/pan/etc sliders, is there any sort of a "learn" mode so I can set each one individually?
I'm using g-stomper studio by the way if that matters.
Sorry if this doesn't make proper sense or if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm really new to making music electronically (and generally) so I don't know all of the proper verbage and everything. Thanks!
planet-h

Re: Akai APC Mini set to patterns?

Postby planet-h » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:30 am

Welcome to the forum, gootesca.
To change the patterns over midi you must send 'program changes' on the global midi channel (main screen / setup / midi). Also see http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_Midi.htm#_Toc433871824 (look for 'pattern set parameters' in the docs)
goteesca

Re: Akai APC Mini set to patterns?

Postby goteesca » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:10 am

Great thank you for the quick reply this is perfect :D

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”