Single track copy

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
amigabird

Single track copy

Postby amigabird » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:52 am

Hi everybody,

I have been playing with G-Stomper Studio for a while now and am a big fan of the software. Using it to draft ideas on the go, I am already excited about the planned features like wavetable synthesis and soundfont support.

However, here is a noob question in the meanwhile: :?

How do you copy (and paste) a single track (e.g. VT01) from one pattern to another while leaving everything else (including other tracks VT02 etc.) in the destination pattern intact?

Thanks a lot,
Andy.
planet-h

Re: Single track copy

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Here's a detailed description how to copy a single VT track:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_DataCopyClearFramework.htm#_Toc429056907

For G-Stomper Studio:
In the selection list "Where do you want the content to?", select ".. to the same Track in a selection of Patterns in the Pattern Set".
If you do so, you'll get asked to select the specific pattern slot later.

For G-Stomper Studio, Rhythm and VA-Beast:
In the selection list "Where do you want the content to?", select ".. to a Track VT.. of your choice (in a Pattern of your choice)".
Once G-Stomper tells you to select the destination track, simply switch to another pattern before you select the destination track.
To switch to another pattern you can either select a slot in the pattern set or you can also load a completely different pattern.

Does this answer your question?
amigabird

Postby amigabird » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks so much for the quick response, I got it now.
For some reason I was seeking to copy a track in the pattern set editor... :roll: Though it would be cool if one could initiate a track copy there, perhaps with multiple track selection to speed up the arranging process.

Cheers,
Andy.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Though it would be cool if one could initiate a track copy there, perhaps with multiple track selection to speed up the arranging process.

Good point, yes. I'll see what I can do there;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”