Is there a way to keep sound and fx after changing patterns

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
chullachaki

Is there a way to keep sound and fx after changing patterns

Postby chullachaki » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Suppose I have long a symbol crash near the end of the the first pattern. When I switch to the second pattern, the sample gets cut off and it sounds weird.

Is there a way to keep samples going even after a pattern change if the track is the same sample in the new pattern? Mostly this is for echos and longer samples (e.g. voice samples)
planet-h

Re: Is there a way to keep sound and fx after changing patte

Postby planet-h » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:25 am

Welcome to the forum, chullachaki
And thanks for your message.

chullachaki wrote:Suppose I have long a symbol crash near the end of the the first pattern. When I switch to the second pattern, the sample gets cut off and it sounds weird.

Is there a way to keep samples going even after a pattern change if the track is the same sample in the new pattern? Mostly this is for echos and longer samples (e.g. voice samples)

Yes, you can enable this behavior in the settings:

Main Screen / setup / SMP / Allow long playing samples to overlap Pattern Changes (enable this checkbox)

The FX will anyway continue as long as you're using the same FX type in the same FX slot.
If you for example use a Delay in FX1 in pattern 1, then switch to pattern 2 and use a Filter in FX1 there, then of course the Delay cannot continue. But it will if you use the same Delay in FX1 in pattern 2.

Does this cover your needs?
chullachaki

Re: Is there a way to keep sound and fx after changing patte

Postby chullachaki » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Yes! Thanks

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”