switched to new device

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
rejectus corpus

switched to new device

Postby rejectus corpus » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:31 am

I am fairly new to g stomper and my question is, I have saved patterns and songs on a galaxy S3 in g stomper studio and I have just switched to the galaxy mega and installed g stomper studio on it and I am using the same micro SD card that has everything saved to it from the gs3 but I cannot find my existing files. Is there a way to find them, I go to main menu and press load but nothing shows up.please help I have songs that would be to hard for me to replicate right now with my experience. They show up when I put the SD back in the gs3 lol. Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thanks
planet-h

Re: switched to new device

Postby planet-h » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum, rejectus corpus.

rejectus corpus wrote:I am fairly new to g stomper and my question is, I have saved patterns and songs on a galaxy S3 in g stomper studio and I have just switched to the galaxy mega and installed g stomper studio on it and I am using the same micro SD card that has everything saved to it from the gs3 but I cannot find my existing files. Is there a way to find them, I go to main menu and press load but nothing shows up.please help I have songs that would be to hard for me to replicate right now with my experience. They show up when I put the SD back in the gs3 lol. Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thanks

I'd recommend to use a file manager, e.g. ES File Explorer, to copy the patterns from your external sd card to the G-Stomper folders. Or even better, if you've copied the complete folder "gstomper" from your old device to the sd card, simply copy it back from the sd card to the internal storage of your new device (to the same location where the new, empty "gstomper" folder was created on the new device, usually this is /storage/emulated/0/gstomper).

Does this solve your problem?
rejectus corpus

Re: switched to new device

Postby rejectus corpus » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Yes it did work. Thank you so much. Ive tried to move it for 3 days now and I got the es file manager and within seconds it was on the other device. thanks again

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”