va piano

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
derrtiblu

va piano

Postby derrtiblu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 am

Is there a way two sea what u play in va piano?

As like in the sample grid or poly grid.
derrtiblu

Re: va piano

Postby derrtiblu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:39 am

I have found my own answer. Was not thinking i could find such answer on my own.

I hit record and look where the file went. If, this gonna be recorded. What i was of concern was editing t he piano after its played. Or if i can go thru step record one note at a time as i hear my sound. Step by step.

The poly grid. Is exactly the set-up window. Its.... interesting how u could not have the drums in the same but they have a sample grid. Dat's very interested. I don't understand the app no more than before. But interesting.
planet-h

Re: va piano

Postby planet-h » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:55 am

Great, thanks for posting your answer, Derrtiblu.

The point why there are 2 different sequencers with 2 concepts is simple:

The drum machine is supposed to be used for drums. And it would be very non-standard to program a drum machine in use of noteOn/noteOff events. It would be quite annoying, if a long kick drum would stop if you release the key. A drum machine has to play a sound until its end, in other words you just trigger a sound. You can of course tweak the length of a sound, but that's not the concern of the note length, it's part of the sound shaping. Also, the drum machine is logically monophonic ... I say logically since technically it has 2 voices, that way the samples won't get cut off when another trigger is fired, but that's just for a better sounding result. The drum sequencer is monophonic. Therefore it cannot use the same sequencer concept as the polyphonic VA-Beast synth.
So you could ask.."why is there a note grid for a percussion module?".
The answer is simple: "That way you can give your drum lines much much more life, and the grid simplifies the tonal programming a lot".

The VA-Beast synth is a regular polyphonic instrument, NOT a percussion module. Therefore it comes with all the stuff you expect for creating tonal sequences. The poly grid allows you to create polyphonic sequences with variable note length.
The VA-Beast synth will definitely load samples some day, but these won't be supposed for percussion. These will be standard wavetable based instruments to be used for melodic sequences, of course also polyphonic and with variable note length.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”