Midi Issues

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
planet-h

Re: Midi Issues

Postby planet-h » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:11 am

I'll check that. I have a nexus 6 running on 5.1.
Just out of curiosity... So G-Stomper is running will on 5.1 on the n5 then (apart of the midi issue)? Just asking because I'm having crashes on the n6.
AndreasH

Postby AndreasH » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:18 am

Yes, everything else is running as it should.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:54 pm

AndreasH wrote:Yes, everything else is running as it should.

That is really good to hear, thanks a lot for the info. I was already afraid, that the crashing problem was spread all over Android 5.1
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:05 pm

I did some tests on Android 5.1 using an M-Audio Oxygen Keyboard, which worked without any problems (directly connected over USB).

Do you have the change to test some other midi keyboard on your device? Guess this would be very helpful to know, if it's only the Akai or if it's not working with other midi equipment too.
AndreasH

Postby AndreasH » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I only own the akai mpk mini mk2, sadly I cannnot test it with any other controllers.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Does the mpk2 mino have the option to connect an external power supply?
It's just a guess, but it often happens on android devices that the USB power is not enough to feed a controller like the mpk2 mini.
And this usually results in getting properly connected, but not sending events.

Or if it does not have the option for a power supply, can you try to connect it over a usb hub with a power supply attached, this could also solve it.
AndreasH

Postby AndreasH » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 pm

The mpk mini cannot be connected to an external power supply, and i sadly don't have a powered USB hub.
I do however believe that insufficient power could very well be the problem, as my phone has randomly rebooted sometimes when connected to the controller (not since I started this thread but it has happened before)

BTW, you do not have to try working all this out just for me. If you want to solve this because you think that others may have the same problem I will gladly try to help, but for me, midi connection is not *that* important, and I can use caustic as well. Also, I got g-stomper studio for free via the amazon appstore promo, so it's not like I haven't gotten what I've paid for or anything.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:00 am

AndreasH wrote:BTW, you do not have to try working all this out just for me. If you want to solve this because you think that others may have the same problem I will gladly try to help, but for me, midi connection is not *that* important, and I can use caustic as well. Also, I got g-stomper studio for free via the amazon appstore promo, so it's not like I haven't gotten what I've paid for or anything.

Oh, it's anyway good to find the source of the problem. And since it's in the forum, it'll help other users who run into a similar problem;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 am

Just a heads up.
I got a couple of success messages from users with the akai mpk mini, so it's definitely not a problem of the controller itself.
It actually sounds more and more that the usb power is the problem.
MattEagle

Postby MattEagle » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:03 am

Hi everybody,

for me it seems great to have a list of working combinations of tablets/ Phones/ Midi devices. I'm prettty newborn in the fields of musicmaking (so much for introducing myself :D ). I'm using g-stomper on a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE/4G and right now thinking about a nice Little Keyboard to purchase. Thinkin of a M-Audio Oxygen 25 - 3rd Gen which comes for ard 80€ at the moment.
What do you guys think: is this one to "short"? I'm worried if the octave changes are going to piss me off....
Is this combination likely to work?

Greetings
Matt

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”