Documentation suggestion

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
TomVal

Documentation suggestion

Postby TomVal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:34 am

It would be nice, if table of contents items at the beginning of documentation chapters were clickable links which would take me directly to corresponding topic. It would be especially handy in longer chapters such as VA Beast, Effects, etc.
planet-h

Re: Documentation suggestion

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:49 am

TomVal wrote:It would be nice, if table of contents items at the beginning of documentation chapters were clickable links which would take me directly to corresponding topic. It would be especially handy in longer chapters such as VA Beast, Effects, etc.

What docs are you using? PDF or HTML version?
However, agree with you.

For the HTML version I found a simple solution, which will come with hyplerlinked table of contents rather than the page numbers (which are anyway irrelevant in the web version) I'll update it as soon as possible.

For the PDF version I did a few tests with a different PDF exporter and what I can offer you is to create pdf files with a typical pdf table of contents at the left side (in the regular adobe pdf viewer). I tested the result on the Android viewers. Unfortunately the stock pdf viewer does not support table of contents, but there actually are some pdf readers for Android which do support it.
Would that help?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Just updated the docs.

HTML:
For the case that you still see the old version, just push the refresh button in your browser.

PDF:
The PDF docs now provide a proper table of content outline as well as clickable links in the regular TOC (only if the pdf reader supports it)
Overall the PDF docs became bigger in download size, but that's a small price for the benefit.

Thanks again for the push;), that's a great improvement of the docs.
TomVal

Postby TomVal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:42 pm

I'm using HTML docs, and wow, it's great I can actually get straight to section I need to look into. Thank you very much
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:40 pm

TomVal wrote:I'm using HTML docs, and wow, it's great I can actually get straight to section I need to look into. Thank you very much

You're welcome :)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”