usb midi plays only VT01?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
yonhorizon

usb midi plays only VT01?

Postby yonhorizon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Hey , sorry for the noob question.
When my midi keyboard connected, it plays only vt01 track.
When i change to other tracks in the program it still plays vt01.
So to change the sound of the usb midi i have to load new sample to VT01?
planet-h

Re: usb midi plays only VT01?

Postby planet-h » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi yonhorizon, and welcome to the forum:)

The current midi integration is midi channel based, and by default, VT01 listens to all midi channels.
Press 'setup' on the main screen, then scoll down to the midi section and set the channels you like for the other tracks.

In the upcoming releases will be an alternative implementation, which will allow to play the "selected" track with a specific midi channel.
Sorry for that inconvenience.

Andreas
yonhorizon

Postby yonhorizon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:25 am

Thanks alot for replying.
Yes i tried to play with the settings.
The midi keyboard sits on chan 1, so its iether one track can play through channel one, or any number of others which i set to channel 1 output.
So theres no fast way really to switch the 'sound' of the
usb midi to other VT's if i understand correct.
yonhorizon

Postby yonhorizon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:44 am

Like the only way i found is to set all the VT's to usb channel 1 (the channel usb keyboard sits on) , and then in the mixer decrease the volume of the undesired VT's. The vt that has volume will sound with the usb midi. Cant mute or solo them though. Has to be done with the volume knob in the mixer screen.
Am i!missing something? For live performance i want to change the sound of the keyboard fast, as the program's implemented keyboard changes its sample according to the VT selected.
Thanks again
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:57 am

yonhorizon wrote:The midi keyboard sits on chan 1, so its iether one track can play through channel one, or any number of others which i set to channel 1 output.
So theres no fast way really to switch the 'sound' of the
usb midi to other VT's if i understand correct.

For now, this is correct. The only way to change the sound is to change the midi channel.
But this will change soon. I'll add a dedicated midi channel for the selected track in the upcoming release.

yonhorizon wrote:Like the only way i found is to set all the VT's to usb channel 1 (the channel usb keyboard sits on) , and then in the mixer decrease the volume of the undesired VT's. The vt that has volume will sound with the usb midi. Cant mute or solo them though. Has to be done with the volume knob in the mixer screen.
Am i!missing something? For live performance i want to change the sound of the keyboard fast, as the program's implemented keyboard changes its sample according to the VT selected.
Thanks again

Regarding the mute/solo: That's correct, the solo/mute does not mute/solo the audio signal, only the sequence, so you'll still be able to play muted tracks by midi or the onscreen keyboard.

I fully agree with you, that a dedicated midi channel for the currently selected track is a missing feature. A general midi overhaul is planned for spring this year, but the midi channel for the "selected" track will be integrated in the next release, that's not a big deal to be implemented.

Are you interested to join the ongoing beta tests for v.4.0.5?
That way you'd get the feature much sooner (e.t.a. next Wednesday).
Just let me know, then I send you an invitation to the beta community
yonhorizon

Postby yonhorizon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:15 am

Thanks again for the response :)
Great program!
Sure i can join the beta test

Ps. Sf2 support would be also nice =)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:09 am

yonhorizon wrote:Thanks again for the response :)
Great program!
Sure i can join the beta test

Ps. Sf2 support would be also nice =)

Thank you, I'm glad you're in.

I've just sent you an invitation, it's a google+ message. Just follow the steps in the invitation.
Just one question? Are you using G-Stomper Studio or the VA-Beast Synthesizer (standalone)?
At the moment only the full studio is in beta state already.

PS: Sf2 will come this year, together with wavetable synthesis
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:09 pm

G-Stomper Studio + VA-Beast standalone BETA 2a went online this moment.
Both provide the new setting in the midi section of the setup dialog to set a the midi channel for the currently selected VA-Beast Track.

Just set the midi channels for all other tracks to "none", and the channel for the selected track to "all".
Then it'll behave exactly as you want it to;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”