possible to change the beats per pattern ?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
2ndMOUSE

possible to change the beats per pattern ?

Postby 2ndMOUSE » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:46 am

Just discovered G-Stomper today whilst looking on google play for a musical sketchpad to quickly jot down ideas, that I can then take to FL studio on my pc to flesh out. I tried a few , including FL mobile, which was a bit of a turkey, and thats coming from a hardcore FL loyalist.
Sooo, when I found G-Stomper today, I was surprised, as I was resigned to the fact that all the good apps were going to apple.

I've only played around with it for an hour or so this morning and could lay down a beat , save it as a wav, but the default is set to a pattern of 16 beats.
Is it possible to extend this to 32 , or even 64 ?
I'd like to build rhythms with a bot of variation in them using the fill-in, but over 16 beats its not long enough to play the normal beat plus the fill-in , so is it possible to make longer patterns ?

Thanks
planet-h

Re: possible to change the beats per pattern ?

Postby planet-h » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:02 am

2ndMOUSE wrote:Just discovered G-Stomper today whilst looking on google play for a musical sketchpad to quickly jot down ideas, that I can then take to FL studio on my pc to flesh out. I tried a few , including FL mobile, which was a bit of a turkey, and thats coming from a hardcore FL loyalist.
Sooo, when I found G-Stomper today, I was surprised, as I was resigned to the fact that all the good apps were going to apple.

Welcome to the forum 2ndMOUSE.
Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm glad to hear that you like it ;).

2ndMOUSE wrote:I've only played around with it for an hour or so this morning and could lay down a beat , save it as a wav, but the default is set to a pattern of 16 beats.
Is it possible to extend this to 32 , or even 64 ?
I'd like to build rhythms with a bot of variation in them using the fill-in, but over 16 beats its not long enough to play the normal beat plus the fill-in , so is it possible to make longer patterns ?

Sure, you can do all of it in the "Timing & Measure" section.

Click the select view menu (the button with the 6 squares on it, right beside the Record button), then choose "Timing & Measure".
There you can change the pattern length (up to 8 bars), the beat signature (16, 32, 64, 8Tri, 16Tri, 32Tri), the number of steps per bar (1-16), and more.

Hope this answers your question
Andreas

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”