"MPC like" sequencing?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
kwattro

"MPC like" sequencing?

Postby kwattro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm looking for "MPC like" sequencing where I can load my own samples across multiple pads and play them in "real-time" as its recording my pattern. I'm trying to get away from Supreme MPA and I need to purchase a replacement app. Will this app allow me to do that?
planet-h

Re: "MPC like" sequencing?

Postby planet-h » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:41 am

Welcome to the forum kwattro

kwattro wrote:I'm looking for "MPC like" sequencing where I can load my own samples across multiple pads and play them in "real-time" as its recording my pattern. I'm trying to get away from Supreme MPA and I need to purchase a replacement app. Will this app allow me to do that?

G-Stomper Studio offers a module with 24 drum pads, where you can load and play your track samples. If of if not ... you can play them in real time strongly depends on your device since the audio latency varies from (on the current android versions up to 4.4) 40ms up to 200ms. With the upcoming Android L (aka 5.0) the latency will be reduced to 20ms, but only on nexus devices I guess.

The drum pads can be used in different ways, to play the samples live, to play the rhythm arpeggio, to solo/mute and more.

The best is to try the free G-Stomper Studio demo or the free G-Stomper Rhythm app, both provide the sampler functionality.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeth.gstomperdemo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeth.rhythm
kwattro

Postby kwattro » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:45 am

2ndly, how do I enable a 4 count measure prior to hitting pads for a live recording into the sequencer?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:23 am

kwattro wrote:2ndly, how do I enable a 4 count measure prior to hitting pads for a live recording into the sequencer?

Since the pattern sequencer is always looping, it's not required to have a prior count.
The easiest way is to enable the regular metronome by long pressing the record button. Then press record and play and let the pattern run... then start tapping the beats in in the second cycle.

One important thing:
Keep in mind that, if your latency is higher than 20ms, then the realtime audible playback of the recorded pads is disabled while recording.
The reason for that is simple. With latencies higher than 20ms it would be more confusing than helpful to hear the pads while recording.
Just try, then you'll see.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”