Using g-stomp live

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
prsdragon54

Using g-stomp live

Postby prsdragon54 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm

I am just learning to use g stomp and using it on a Kindle fire HD7. Lets say I load one of the Nord fat synths samples, what would be the best way to play that sample live( ex: synth part in Tom Sawyer by Rush) ? would it be the note grid or is there a larger keyboard in g stomp that i am missing? What I am trying to do is to be able to play the sample without programming a pattern.
I do have the majority of sound packs loaded. Thanks for your help
BC.
planet-h

Re: Using g-stomp live

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 am

Welcome to the forum prsdragon54.

would it be the note grid or is there a larger keyboard in g stomp that i am missing?

The piano roll on the note grid is just thought as a help to find the right notes while programming a melody.
The more suitable solution is on the main screen, just enable the note edit mode (note ed button). This will switch the step buttons into a piano keyboard.
Keep in mind that the samplers are monophic (for now). That's the solution with the current version.

If you check out this thread http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179, you see that a big upgrade (v3.0) is coming which introduces the VA-Beast, a fully featured and polyphonic synthesizer, of course with a wide piano keyboard integrated (E.T.A is around x-mas or Jan 2014)

Once this is released, the samplers will get redesigned to be polyphonic as well, and there'll be a generic keyboard for all tracks (like the one for the synthesizer).

I wish you great fun using the app;)
prsdragon54

Postby prsdragon54 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks so much for the help
Bob
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 pm

prsdragon54 wrote:Thanks so much for the help
Bob

You're welcome. I already guessed that this is you, Bob. Good to have you on the forum :)
prsdragon54

Postby prsdragon54 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah its me,
Really enjoying my new toy. I 've been programming sounds for the Rush songs we do in our band. Your suggestion with the Note Ed helped alot. It will get me by until the new one comes out. Don't forget the Amz Kindle fires users for the VA Beast
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:09 am

prsdragon54 wrote:Don't forget the Amz Kindle fires users for the VA Beast

Of course Amazon users will get the VA-Beast too. The release will be probably a few days later than on google, but that'll the only difference;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”