basics..

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
orioinssfl

basics..

Postby orioinssfl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:45 am

Im new to this app, and the manual was good for telling me how to use step edit and note edit...but it didnt tell me what its used for, like what does it do exactly? how can i use it to make my songs better, also, i cant figure out how to use the loop function for the death of me...please helpo:
planet-h

Re: basics..

Postby planet-h » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 am

Welcome to the forum orioninssfl :)

The step edit mode is used to edit automation curves (recorded fader movements for example) step by step. Often it's difficult to record a proper movement just by moving a fader. So you can start just recording your parameter movements and then step edit them to fine tune the fader position for every single step you want. This is what the step edit mode is for.

About the loop function:
When you creating patterns with a lenght greater than 1 bar (you can change that using the pattern config view, click on 'select view' and choose 'pattern config'), the sequencer runs through such a pattern starting with bar 1, then bar 2, bar3 and so on (the max lenght is 8 bars). Now when you use g-stomper live and you want to lock the sequencer on a specific bar position in a pattern (e.g. bar 2), hit the loop button, when the position leds are in bar 2. Then the sequencer loops bar 2 over and over until you deactivate the loop function again.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”