Copyrights on samples used

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Dauex

Copyrights on samples used

Postby Dauex » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:03 am

Have searched the http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/ site [your forum] and found:
""No posts were found because the word copyright is not contained in any post.""

Took one of your links to soundcloud.com and found this quote on copyrights
"Do you have written permission from all copyright owners to use any samples contained in the track?"

Are all of the samples in G-Stomper Beat Studio and all of the G-Stomper Beat Studio Sample-Pack Add-On packs free of copyright restrictions?

And where is the statement so stating that located?
[soundcloud, where we are to post our works as recommended by this site, requires us to have it in writing]

If or rather when we produce a work using G-Stomper Beat Studio and one or more of its samples how are we to credit those in or on our work? [When we gave out self-made cds or tapes copyright statements could be printed on the media, MP3 files have data fields to enter that data - but how do we insert it into a wave file?]
planet-h

Re: Copyrights on samples used

Postby planet-h » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:13 am

Hi Dauex

All samples contained in the G-Stomper sample packs as well as in the G-Stomper Beat Studio full and demo version are free to use in your tracks.
You are allowed to use them in your tracks without any further permission required.

There are also sample packs containing samples that are not recorded by myself, like the nord modular pack, the mothman synths or mobile synths packs. For those samples I got the full royalty from the creators. So also these samples are free to use in your tracks.

The only exception may be the "Spoken Vocals" pack. Since some of that samples are recorded from television and stuff like that I cannot guarantee that there is no copyright on some of these sounds. But these sounds are recorded a long time ago, so I don't think that this will ever be a problem.

Of course you don't have the permission to re-publish the sounds in form of sample packs in any way. But you are free to use them in your tracks.

but how do we insert it into a wave file?

Usually you don't have to, since most of the time you would convert them to mp3 files before you give them out.
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi everybody, I am in the process of converting my existing content packs over to G-Stomper formats, and when released, feel free to use them in your tracks for any project that you choose..... I am not that freaked out if a few of my bits of content gets shared here for Show And Tell purposes.... 8-)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 am

EIPStudiosOhio wrote:Hi everybody, I am in the process of converting my existing content packs over to G-Stomper formats, and when released, feel free to use them in your tracks for any project that you choose..... I am not that freaked out if a few of my bits of content gets shared here for Show And Tell purposes.... 8-)

Really looking forward to your packs ;)
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:23 pm

I am scratchpadding (is that even a word?) That will offer levels of processing and senerios for different types of music creation and complexity, as well as CPU saving techniques to let you really layer up some big sounds, as well as bring my Builderz Project to this rig here too.... With a few new features added in the recent RC update, will make this possible and easy to set up. I'm going to be busy working on this and hope to have some demo content for everyone to listen to soon..... 8-)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”