Can I input Handel's Messiah?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Dauex

Postby Dauex » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 pm

I am in a choir and I want to input my choir music note by note from a virtual piano keyboard on a tablet device. I don't just want to play the music but I also want to record and save it so I can play it over and over during the next six weeks between the time we first get the music and our performance.

Specs say:
Step Sequencer with up to 24 Tracks
8-Octave Piano Roll (switchable) in Note Edit Mode

All the demos I heard were of the type BOOM BASH BOOM BOOM type - interesting but not my normal type of music.

Could G-Stomper be used to input Handel's Messiah on a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with 64 Gig of memory?
[[Assuming I got the e-piano sample pac and had lots of free time]]

Was the only music app I saw that knew what step input was.
planet-h

Re: Can I input Handel's Messiah?

Postby planet-h » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Welcome to the forum Dauex.

Could G-Stomper be used to input Handel's Messiah on a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with 64 Gig of memory?

That depends on the detail level you want to input. You have 24 tracks in G-Stomper, each one of those is monophonic. This means you can have a maximum of 24 concurrent sounds playing at the same time. You'r Kindle Fire can definitely handle it. It provides much more than the required device specs.

But you must know, G-Stomper is a groove station, which is designed to create electronic music, it's not the typical sequencer to program a symphony orchestra, but if you keep it simple, it'll be possible for sure. As far as I understand it's for practicing, right? Try the free demo at http://www.amazon.com/planet-h-com-G-Stomper-Beat-Studio-DEMO/dp/B00ER62C04/ref=sr_1_1 and also give a look to the printable usermanual at http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/G-Stomper_UserManual.pdf. In the free demo you can create and save a single pattern. Just click on Pattern Menu on the main screen and choose 'start a new song'. Then you can start from scratch.

Check out what this guy did with it for example:
https://soundcloud.com/r-1772/g-stomper-ft-amaliatc-vocals

... or the tracks in the G-Stomper Music group:
https://soundcloud.com/groups/g-stomper-music

If you have any further questions, just ask ;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Dauex wrote:Can I input Handel's Messiah?
Specs say:
Step Sequencer with up to 24 Tracks
8-Octave Piano Roll (switchable) in Note Edit Mode

All the demos I heard were of the type BOOM BASH BOOM BOOM type - interesting but not my normal type of music.

Hehe, yes, you're right, but even those boom boom bash sounds need the ability to program melodies. You can use the Note Grid editor for that. But keep in mind, it's a step sequencer, not a typical midi sequencer, which is designed to enter your music step by step, rather than playing and recording the piano roll in real time.

Andreas
Dauex

Postby Dauex » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:03 am

planeth wrote:But keep in mind, it's a step sequencer, not a typical midi sequencer, which is designed to enter your music step by step, rather than playing and recording the piano roll in real time.
Andreas
[/quote]

Exactly what I am looking for. Am NOT a keyboard player [Can play my part but that's about it] Am listening to the cuts provided above - WOW [and Yes, even the ones that are not my normal kind of music] Have started saving up now that I know that I will be able to make the needed music. [Most likely just after Christmas - don't want to add more to the credit card] [[Already read the manual]]
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 am

Excellent, I'm glad it's what you're looking for :)
Dauex

Postby Dauex » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Update: Just received a Fire HDX and have G-Stomper up and running. Did the first lesson in the manual. It will be 'awhile' but have taken the first 'baby' step.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Dauex wrote:Update: Just received a Fire HDX and have G-Stomper up and running. Did the first lesson in the manual. It will be 'awhile' but have taken the first 'baby' step.

Yeah!! welcome aboard :)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”