After purchasing g-stomper is it possible to use the samples and instruments in other daws?

Suggest and discuss Sample Pack content here.
Musicmatters

After purchasing g-stomper is it possible to use the samples and instruments in other daws?

Postby Musicmatters » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 am

Good day to you all. I recently purchased g-stomper studio and will be purchasing the producer version soon as well. I Really love the va-beast factory instruments and the drum samples so I will like to know is it possible to use those instruments and samples inside of another daw that I use also? I use the other daw to record my vocals and sometimes I would like to be able to just play some of the g stomper instruments directly in their instead of switching all the time. So please let me know if it's possible, thanks.
Last edited by Musicmatters on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
planet-h

Re: After purchasing g-stomper is it possible to use the samples and instruments in other daws?

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 am

Welcome to the forum, Musicmatters
and thanks for your message.

Musicmatters wrote:Good day to you all. I recently purchased g-stomper studio and will be purchasing the producer version soon as well. I Really love the va-beast factory instruments and the drum samples so I will like to know is it possible to use those instruments and samples inside of another daw that I use also? I use the other daw to record my vocals and sometimes I would like to be able to just play some of the g stomper instruments directly in their instead of switching all the time. So please let me know if it's possible, thanks.

You cannot load G-Stomper Studio or G-Stomper Producer presets (e.g. VA-Beast presets or predefined Sound Sets) in any other DAW, as these formats are only known by G-Stomper apps.
The factory samples are bundled into the app, which means these cannot be directly loaded by any other app.
However, you can of course export specific loops in G-Stomper, as separate track stems, and then use these stems (audio loops) in another DAW.
Would that cover your needs?
Musicmatters

Re: After purchasing g-stomper is it possible to use the samples and instruments in other daws?

Postby Musicmatters » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. I noticed that some of them are wav files and the other daw I use supports wav files, so is it possible to get the wav samples as one shots into the other daw without creating loops?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Musicmatters wrote:Thanks for your reply. I noticed that some of them are wav files and the other daw I use supports wav files, so is it possible to get the wav samples as one shots into the other daw without creating loops?

No, unfortunately that's not possible.
Musicmatters

Postby Musicmatters » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Ok but what about exporting patterns as audio, wouldn't that make it possible then?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Musicmatters wrote:Ok but what about exporting patterns as audio, wouldn't that make it possible then?

Technically, yes, but that's a tedious procedure. I mean if we talk about the 909, 808, 606, etc. kits, then I think there will be much easier ways to get those kits than exporting each sample one by one.
And keep in mind that extracting the one shot factory samples might break our Terms of Use. Therefore I strongly recommend to read them carefully in advance.

Return to “Sample Packs”