Orchestral PCM Presets for the VA-Beast

Suggest and discuss Sample Pack content here.
planet-h

Orchestral PCM Presets for the VA-Beast

Postby planet-h » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:42 am

Are you looking for orchestral PCM presets for the VA-Beast Synth?
The Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra is a wonderful free collection of such sounds. It's provided as .sfz prests which are supported by the VA-Beast Synth.

This is what the creator writes about it:
--------
Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra is a free orchestral sample library. While not as advanced or ambitious in scope as commercial offerings, SSO contains all the basic building blocks for creating real virtual orchestrations. It's primarily aimed at beginners, but also more experienced composers looking for something lightweight and/or portable might find it useful.
--------

To use it in G-Stomper Studio or G-Stomper VA-Beast Standalone, unzip the downloaded file and copy the complete unzipped folder to your device storage (ideally to the folder /gstomper/usersamples). Once done, press Main Menu / IMP / VA Generic Presets, navigate to the the folder where you copied the library into and choose one of the presets.

http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/
rythekiltguy

Re: Orchestral PCM Presets for the VA-Beast

Postby rythekiltguy » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:08 pm

I downloaded the virtual orchestra pack from the link. I extracted the files and moved them to the gstomper files in the user presets folder. I pressed main menu and import generic sfz. I am able to see the files, but I either get no sound, or it just gives me a metronome click. How can I import sounds and have them actually work? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab s4 running Android 10.
planet-h

Re: Orchestral PCM Presets for the VA-Beast

Postby planet-h » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:47 am

rythekiltguy wrote:I downloaded the virtual orchestra pack from the link. I extracted the files and moved them to the gstomper files in the user presets folder. I pressed main menu and import generic sfz. I am able to see the files, but I either get no sound, or it just gives me a metronome click. How can I import sounds and have them actually work? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab s4 running Android 10.

The original post is from 2016. Back in that time, neither the GDPR nor the Android 10+ Storage Restrictions existed.

Please have a look at this post:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=753

You must copy the files into the app's isolated storage, which is, depending on the used app...

“/sdcard/Android/data/<app-packagename>/files/gstomper”

The <app-packagename> is unique for each app:

G-Stomper Studio com.planeth.gstomper
G-Stomper Studio DEMO com.planeth.gstomperdemo
G-Stomper Producer com.planeth.gstomperproducer
G-Stomper Producer DEMO com.planeth.gstomperproducerdemo
G-Stomper Rhythm com.planeth.rhythm
G-Stomper VA-Beast (standalone) com.planeth.vabeast
G-Stomper VA-Beast (standalone) DEMO com.planeth.vabeastdemo

Only in the isolated storage of the app, sfz files will work with their samples, as these require file access to the samples using the File.io API (which is no longer possible in shared storage).

Return to “Sample Packs”