where are the sample Packs located after download from play store ???

Suggest and discuss Sample Pack content here.
renoa2000

where are the sample Packs located after download from play store ???

Postby renoa2000 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 am

hi ,
after i downloaded a new pack i can preview the files in the pack-installer-app ,
but these new soundsets do not show up in gstomper studio (full version) under "factory sound sets" section.

i am running stock android 7.1.1

the normal copying files is also not allowed with the stock android file manager,
you only can open the soundsets there and load them one by one into gstomper-studio :?

and with the "total commander" (file manager app) i cannot find the exact location of the soundsets and samples folder on the device to copy from ...

.. any advice on this ??
where is that path where the sample packs and va beast packs are located after download from play store ??
planet-h

Re: where are the sample Packs located after download from play store ???

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:10 pm

renoa2000 wrote:after i downloaded a new pack i can preview the files in the pack-installer-app ,
but these new soundsets do not show up in gstomper studio (full version) under "factory sound sets" section.

The additional sound sets are available using the System Files Picker.
It's no longer possible to place them directly in the factory sound sets because of the new privacy changes that were introduced by Google in Android 10.

Just follow the docs to load the sound sets:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... /part8.htm

Or for further details, check out the entire add-on pack docs at:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... Packs.html

renoa2000 wrote:the normal copying files is also not allowed with the stock android file manager,

You can copy the files to whereever you want using the System Files Picker. Just open the add-on pack app, press Preview Files, then select the folder(s) or file(s) you want to copy, and finally press the 3 dots at the right side and choose "copy to..." from the menu.

renoa2000 wrote:and with the "total commander" (file manager app) i cannot find the exact location of the soundsets and samples folder on the device to copy from ...

Of course the total commander cannot access these files... because of the new privacy changes by Google.

renoa2000 wrote:.. any advice on this ??
where is that path where the sample packs and va beast packs are located after download from play store ??

There is no "path". The files are part of the add-on pack app.
You can load the files as shown in the user manual at:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... Packs.html

Further details about the privacy changes at:
Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:16 pm

There was an old, misleading post in this forum about the old location in the factory sounds.
I've updated it in this moment, sorry for that inconvenience.
renoa2000

Postby renoa2000 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:22 am

ok , right now my workaround solution is
(only for the soundsets)
is the following :

opening the soundset via the app that comes installed the pack, this set then is opened in g stomper automatically.

then save this as a user soundset -
the file name is already filled in, luckily

use the app switcher shortcut from android and go back to the file picker and choose the next set to save

when you have all soundsets saved in user soundsets you can move them also to the factory soundset folder..
and delete the app- pack if you want
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 pm

renoa2000 wrote:and delete the app- pack if you want

Keep in mind that loose access to the particular samples if you delete the pack app.
renoa2000

Postby renoa2000 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:36 am

Keep in mind that loose access to the particular samples if you delete the pack app.

no, if you save them as user soundsets before , they become files you can move them , copy, paste on your drives
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:08 am

renoa2000 wrote:no, if you save them as user soundsets before , they become files you can move them , copy, paste on your drives

I'm talking about the samples, the .wav files, not the sound sets. However, if you're happy with the solution, I'm happy with it, too,of course.

Return to “Sample Packs”