Any chance for the 'undo' button ?.

Suggest and discuss new features here.
alexsunny123

Any chance for the 'undo' button ?.

Postby alexsunny123 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:27 am

Hello,

First off im having a blast learning this in the new 4.0 version...i love everything about the software and it's very intuitive. I have done a few searches in the documentation about an undo feature and i am probably just bad at finding it but i havent run across this yet

thanks
alexsunny
planet-h

Re: Any chance for the 'undo' button ?.

Postby planet-h » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:38 am

Welcome to the forum, alexsunny123.

alexsunny123 wrote:Hello,

First off im having a blast learning this in the new 4.0 version...i love everything about the software and it's very intuitive. I have done a few searches in the documentation about an undo feature and i am probably just bad at finding it but i havent run across this yet

Thanks for the kind words, even though I don't know what you mean with "the new 4.0 version". We're currently on v.5.8.5.0. V.4.0 is more than 5 years back ;).

Having a dedicated undo function for everything is technically impossible due to the internals of the apps. It would simply kill the performance as well as the memory usage.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=717&p=2690#p2688

But you have the pattern lock in G-Stomper Studio (pattern set screen), which gives you something very close to a dedicated undo:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=684&p=2518&hilit=undo#p2517
More about the pattern lock in the docs at:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part20.htm

Also, in the audio editor, which is not bound to real-time processing, you have unlimited undo/redo functionality.

Return to “Feature Requests”