Producer: Individual Track Send Levels

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Chris_881

Producer: Individual Track Send Levels

Postby Chris_881 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Would it be possible to add levels to FX sends on individual tracks? For me, this feature would be useful when I want to add more reverb to one or more tracks but less to another (like bass). It seems the only way around this would be to insert reverbs on multiple tracks, which would be pretty inefficient. I'll understand if adding this feature would be too difficult to implement, I just thought I'd ask.
planet-h

Re: Producer: Individual Track Send Levels

Postby planet-h » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:33 am

Welcome to the forum, Chris_881
and thanks for your message.
Chris_881 wrote:Would it be possible to add levels to FX sends on individual tracks? For me, this feature would be useful when I want to add more reverb to one or more tracks but less to another (like bass). It seems the only way around this would be to insert reverbs on multiple tracks, which would be pretty inefficient. I'll understand if adding this feature would be too difficult to implement, I just thought I'd ask.

Unfortunately, having individual send levels per track is not possible for a simple reason...
The Sends are actually (to be technically accurate) "group inserts" for performance reasons.
That way the 1) the CPU consumption is lower, and 2) the same FX processors can provide Effects of different kinds, typical send FX like reverb and delay, and also typical insert effects like filters, dynamic compressors, distortions, etc. To close the gap between those kinds, some of the typical send effects come with a dry/wet parameter. On a classic "send" setup, a dry/wet would be useless as you mostly want the wet signal on the send return.

There as a discussion about this case in this topic

It was also discussed in this topic, which shows a nice diagram of the signal path.

Unfortunately, this is nothing that can be changed easily, as it's part of the core concept of the G-Stomper internals.

Return to “Feature Requests”