Accessibility suggestion (Scenes)

Suggest and discuss new features here.
amar00k

Accessibility suggestion (Scenes)

Postby amar00k » Wed May 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi!

I've only been using the app (Producer) for a few days, and am flabbergasted at the power and general accessibility of this! As a newbie, that is going through the learning process, I thought I would share what my biggest hurdle has been so far in terms of accessibility.

I feel that it's very difficult for me to know exactly what pattern I'm working on. Or more specifically, which Scene I'm editing, and how the Send FX work.

I've attached a mock-up of 2 ideas that would alleviate this problem for me.

1. Displaying the currently selected scene at all times in the top display.
2. Indicating the active scene explicitly in the Send FX window. Not only does it make it easier to know which FX I'm editing, but also helps in understanding that these FX apply to all tracks of a given scene.

What do you think?

And thanks for the amazing app!
planet-h

Re: Accessibility suggestion (Scenes)

Postby planet-h » Thu May 28, 2020 5:55 am

Welcome to the forum amar00k
Thanks for your message. Great to hear that you're enjoying G-Stomper Producer.

amar00k wrote:1. Displaying the currently selected scene at all times in the top display.
2. Indicating the active scene explicitly in the Send FX window. Not only does it make it easier to know which FX I'm editing, but also helps in understanding that these FX apply to all tracks of a given scene.

What do you think?

It's a good point. And I have thought about this for a long time during the development.
The problem with showing the active scene is that it can be ambiguous. That is the case when different tracks have different pattern slots active. In this case no scene is active.
However, there is a simple way to check what scene is active, everywhere in the app. Simply long press the "main menu" button. This shows up the quick scene selector, which shows you the active scene.

However, I like the idea of showing the active scene, if any, in the display, and I'll surely think about it. But I doubt that there is any space left in the display.
amar00k

Postby amar00k » Fri May 29, 2020 12:11 am

Thank you for your reply!

Great to hear that you're enjoying G-Stomper Producer.

Not just enjoying. I'm in love with it. It's like a small studio in the pocket.

That is the case when different tracks have different pattern slots active. In this case no scene is active.

In that case, when I edit the Send FX, what is the behaviour exactly?

My attachment seems not be made it through. I'll try to add it here.

Thanks!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri May 29, 2020 5:31 am

Thank you very much for the kind words:).

amar00k wrote:
That is the case when different tracks have different pattern slots active. In this case no scene is active.

In that case, when I edit the Send FX, what is the behaviour exactly?

Sorry, but I don't understand the question.
What "case" do you mean?
And what you mean exactly with edit the send FX?
And what exactly do you mean with "the behavior"... the behavior of what?

Return to “Feature Requests”