A way to mute sound vs note trigger!

Suggest and discuss new features here.
nautama

A way to mute sound vs note trigger!

Postby nautama » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm

I hope I'm not being too bothersome with my many questions, this time I would like to request for a way to instantly mute the sound in a track rather than its triggering, as it works currently. My intention is to have multiple long sounds looping that I can mute and bring back at any time, instantly, as a regular audio mixer works, rather than pressing mute and having to wait for the loop to end before silencing, or worse yet, to miss the beat and having to hear the whole loop again if that was not intended. I know this can be achieved by the volume fader but it would definitely work better and easier if there was a way to control it from the mute button. Maybe being able to select the way each mixer mute button works by long pressing on it if you want it to mute sound and or sound trigger? Just an idea.

Super thankful over here for everything you do, Andreas, it's amazing!

Maui
planet-h

Re: A way to mute sound vs note trigger!

Postby planet-h » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 am

Thanks for your message, nautana.
nautama wrote:I hope I'm not being too bothersome with my many questions, this time I would like to request for a way to instantly mute the sound in a track rather than its triggering, as it works currently. My intention is to have multiple long sounds looping that I can mute and bring back at any time, instantly, as a regular audio mixer works, rather than pressing mute and having to wait for the loop to end before silencing, or worse yet, to miss the beat and having to hear the whole loop again if that was not intended. I know this can be achieved by the volume fader but it would definitely work better and easier if there was a way to control it from the mute button. Maybe being able to select the way each mixer mute button works by long pressing on it if you want it to mute sound and or sound trigger? Just an idea.

Super thankful over here for everything you do, Andreas, it's amazing!

Maui

What you're talking about are hard mutes in the middle of a sample. Actually, G-Stomper is not made to be used with audio loops, therefore the handling of audio loops might not be 100% satisfying in some situations.
Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible to add another features, sorry, there is simply no time frame.
Thanks for your understanding.
nautama

Re: A way to mute sound vs note trigger!

Postby nautama » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 pm

Thanks for the response, Andreas! would be very cool though to be able to work with loops, maybe in the future. Keep up the good work my friend!

Maui

Return to “Feature Requests”