saved pattern Name Field

Suggest and discuss new features here.
brause

saved pattern Name Field

Postby brause » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:17 am

Hi,

thank you for the amazing synths/sequencers, Everyday I hang around tweeking sounds on va beast just for fun and I have tons of ideas, what to do next. Thats what I thought steinbergs cubase could do to me but if you ask me again I would insist on g-stomper for my daily musical tasks.

My Request: please add a Name Field to every app, so that I see, this pattern/project has been successfully saved because I see a name, and maybe indicating name with star (*), that there was a change to an existing saved pattern or a blank Name Field, so that I know, ok there was no saving action yet.

kind regards,
planet-h

Re: saved pattern Name Field

Postby planet-h » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:10 pm

brause wrote:thank you for the amazing synths/sequencers, Everyday I hang around tweeking sounds on va beast just for fun and I have tons of ideas, what to do next. Thats what I thought steinbergs cubase could do to me but if you ask me again I would insist on g-stomper for my daily musical tasks.

Thanks a lot, brause:). I'm glad you like it that much.

brause wrote:My Request: please add a Name Field to every app, so that I see, this pattern/project has been successfully saved because I see a name, and maybe indicating name with star (*), that there was a change to an existing saved pattern or a blank Name Field, so that I know, ok there was no saving action yet.

Depending on the used app, the name might appear at a different location...

G-Stomper Producer Project name (see green display on top):
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_TrackPatternSetsSceneSet/part2.htm

G-Stomper Studio Pattern Set name (see green display on top of Pattern Set view):
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_PatternSetSongArranger/part2.htm

G-Stomper Rhythm and G-Stomper VA-Beast (standalone) Pattern name:
Sorry, not available and not planned.

Here you find the doc chapter explaining the unsaved changes indicator:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_GeneralControlsInfo/part9.htm
brause

Postby brause » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:32 am

Hi,

I did not realize that unsave square, thank you for that hint. I like that fresh design of producer. Hope that studio will profit from "producer look & feel" somehow. I like to see the arrangement name in studio in the Pattern Set-screen, sorry I did not open that. Maybe there would be place for arrangement names in other locations as well - in various screens there maybe is enough space left between the buttons, what about copying that unnamed field -module box there? :-)

But anyways hope you make lots more cool stuff. You should localize your apps in chinese language... asia is a huge market.
kind regards
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 am

brause wrote:I like that fresh design of producer. Hope that studio will profit from "producer look & feel" somehow.

Thank you :). The graphical concept of G-Stomper Producer has actually been adopted from G-Stomper Studio.
But the UX design has been remade from scratch in G-Stomper Producer... on top of the entirely new Sequencer concept.
Unfortunately it's technically impossible to bring that UX design to G-Stomper Studio.
But, generally, if there are new features in G-Stomper Producer, these will in 90% of the cases be enrolled to G-Stomper Studio as well (as it happened with the latest timing updates).

brause wrote:I like to see the arrangement name in studio in the Pattern Set-screen, sorry I did not open that. Maybe there would be place for arrangement names in other locations as well - in various screens there maybe is enough space left between the buttons, what about copying that unnamed field -module box there? :-)

This "unnamed" field is the pattern set display. It shows the pattern set name, the approximate length of the song arrangement in minutes:seconds, or if the set is unnamed, it shows <unnamed set>.
This box belongs to the pattern set view, and that's why it'll remain there.
I understand that it would be nice to have a static toolbar on top like in G-Stomper Producer, but unfortunately the concept of G-Stomper Studio does not allow that, sorry.

brause wrote:But anyways hope you make lots more cool stuff. You should localize your apps in chinese language... asia is a huge market.

We will, hopefully;). G-Stomper Producer is brand new and has a lot of potential for upgrades.
Regarding Chinese language: Sorry, that's not an option, at least not at the moment.

Return to “Feature Requests”