Step Conditions for VA Beast

Suggest and discuss new features here.
drewinnit

Step Conditions for VA Beast

Postby drewinnit » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Hello,

I bought the new Producer version recently and am loving the option to easily build tracks with my patterns.

I was wondering if there's a feature planned so that you can set step conditions for each VA Beast sequencer step. i think this would be really useful in both Studio and Producer versions

thanks for all the hard work!

drew
https://soundcloud.com/fevered-shiva
planet-h

Re: Step Conditions for VA Beast

Postby planet-h » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:55 pm

drewinnit wrote:I bought the new Producer version recently and am loving the option to easily build tracks with my patterns.

I was wondering if there's a feature planned so that you can set step conditions for each VA Beast sequencer step. i think this would be really useful in both Studio and Producer versions

Thanks a lot for buying G-Stomper Producer in early access state. That's really appreciated.

So far, it's not planned to have step conditions in the VA-Beast sequencers.
The reason is its polyphony, which makes it much more complicated to handle conditional steps.
How to handle the conditions for example? Per Step or Step and Voice? And that's just the first of a lot of unanswered questions.
If it comes to "probability", how should chords be held together. Should you, the user, handle chords by PRE conditions, or should chords generally be held together (this would mean the conditions would be per step).
Nevertheless, it's not impossible. Maybe at some point in the future, as I see the benefit of having it there as well.

Thanks for the push;)
drewinnit

Postby drewinnit » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:29 am

thanks for your reply here, and sorry I didn't write again sooner.

I can definitely see that it's a more complex issue than the monophonic step conditions for the Sampler.

I think a condition per step would be ideal. so not accounting for polyphony, just any sequencer info on that step is played when the step conditon is triggered.

this would open up a lot of creativity and sequence variety which the Sampler currently provides, but is lacking from the Beast

not a high priority feature but would be nice to have :)
https://soundcloud.com/fevered-shiva
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:24 am

drewinnit wrote:I think a condition per step would be ideal. so not accounting for polyphony, just any sequencer info on that step is played when the step conditon is triggered.

this would open up a lot of creativity and sequence variety which the Sampler currently provides, but is lacking from the Beast

not a high priority feature but would be nice to have :)

I agree that a per step handling would be suitable.
I'll keep that feature request in mind as a possible upgrade.
Thanks again, drewinit.
jc2023

Postby jc2023 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:16 am

Hi there, first off, thanks for creating your app lineup, they are really great. I've been working with 'Rhythm' for a bit and learning it. I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing Studio and Producer.

I had this very same question about setting up Step Cond on Beast. I would very much like to see this feature added in.

I ssee some of the complexity, per your response several years ago. I would be happy with setting a Step Cond for whatever array of note(s) that appear. Whether it's a chord or a single note, the whole thing gets modified per the Step Cond setting.

I'm sure it's a much more complex issue than that, but it's a feature that would add a lot to Beast, imo.

Thanks again and 'bump' to this thread!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:47 am

jc2023 wrote:Hi there, first off, thanks for creating your app lineup, they are really great. I've been working with 'Rhythm' for a bit and learning it. I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing Studio and Producer.

I had this very same question about setting up Step Cond on Beast. I would very much like to see this feature added in.

I ssee some of the complexity, per your response several years ago. I would be happy with setting a Step Cond for whatever array of note(s) that appear. Whether it's a chord or a single note, the whole thing gets modified per the Step Cond setting.

I'm sure it's a much more complex issue than that, but it's a feature that would add a lot to Beast, imo.

Thanks again and 'bump' to this thread!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, jc2023.
Unfortunately, I have no capacity at the moment to implement a change of that dimension. It's a major change in the core of the polyphonic sequencer, which might have critical side effects. If I once get back into full time app development, I can think about it. But for now, it's impossible, sorry.

Return to “Feature Requests”