Undo function

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Stotes

Undo function

Postby Stotes » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm

My apologies if this has been said... bit seriously, how can an app like this not have a (seemingly simple) undo function? I like to experiment with live recording beats using things like the "arp" in G-stomper Rhythm. What would be faster... manually turning off each step, or pressing an Undo button?

Would love to know if my voice is heard... and whether or not I am alone in this request. Thanks for a great and affordable app!
planet-h

Re: Undo function

Postby planet-h » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:38 am

Welcome to the forum, Stotes
And thanks for your message.

Stotes wrote:My apologies if this has been said... bit seriously, how can an app like this not have a (seemingly simple) undo function? I like to experiment with live recording beats using things like the "arp" in G-stomper Rhythm. What would be faster... manually turning off each step, or pressing an Undo button?

Would love to know if my voice is heard... and whether or not I am alone in this request. Thanks for a great and affordable app!

It is heard;)
Unfortunately UNDO is one of the most tricky tasks in an environment like G-Stomper.
Since you can basically tune everything, and I mean everything, in G-Stomper, having a general UNDO would be a performance + memory killer.
But I agree, that especially in the tonal grids it would be very useful.
It is on the task list, but for now there's no time frame for an implementation, as there are other things in progress.

I agree that manually turning off all steps can be tedious, especially if you're working on patterns with multiple bars.
To delete the complete sequence at once, you can clear the track sequence.

To clear the sequence:
1. Long press the track pad (e.g. T01) / CLR / Track (selective content)
2. Press "show content details"
3. Un-select everything except "Main Sequence" and press OK
Stotes

Postby Stotes » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Understood. I figured it likely had something to do with resource limitations. Just upgraded from Rhythm to Studio last night and plugged up an IMPULSE 49 to my phone this afternoon. OMG, so much fun- and the patches for VA-synth are outstanding so far. Great work and great product.

I am still learning my way around. Am sure I'll have more questions :) Great to know there is a community here to help sort it out.

Thanks for being so responsive!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:33 am

Stotes wrote:Understood. I figured it likely had something to do with resource limitations. Just upgraded from Rhythm to Studio last night and plugged up an IMPULSE 49 to my phone this afternoon. OMG, so much fun- and the patches for VA-synth are outstanding so far. Great work and great product.

I am still learning my way around. Am sure I'll have more questions :) Great to know there is a community here to help sort it out.

Thanks for being so responsive!

Great to hear that you catched the Blackfriday deal. Thanks a lot for the purchase.
Also thanks a lot for the kind words, ... greatly appreciated.

Always feel free to ask if you have questions. We're here to help.

Return to “Feature Requests”