[Partially DONE in 5.7.0.2] some features i'd like to see

Suggest and discuss new features here.
mojo

[Partially DONE in 5.7.0.2] some features i'd like to see

Postby mojo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi andreas. i used to use g stomper studio on a tablet and didn't had any android devices for a while.
Now I back with android with my phone. and installed directly g stomper and my sample bank on it.

on my phone sample browsing is pain i can only see 2 files at a time with big display and scrolling through large folders is uncomfortable.
So why not have an option in the settings to allow smaller display of files in sample browser. something like the caustic's one would be cool (i mean the number of files displayed in one screen).

Oh and a return button at the top to directly go to root folder without scrolling to the top of the folder.

I was playing this morning with the synth and noticed it wasn't possible to step edit the inv of an envelope or any button of the synth. it would be cool to automate env or lfo shape or the osc mod type. it could lead to interesting sounds.

voilà that's all for the requests thanks andreas for your work I'm happy to see it never stopped. and i don't know if i'm aware of all the new features added. Velocity and trig condition à la digitakt is awesome.
planet-h

Re: some features i'd like to see

Postby planet-h » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks for your message, mojo, and for your suggestions.

mojo wrote:on my phone sample browsing is pain i can only see 2 files at a time with big display and scrolling through large folders is uncomfortable.
So why not have an option in the settings to allow smaller display of files in sample browser.

Good point, fully agree with you.
I'm finishing beta 3 of the upcoming version 5.7 at the moment, and quickly added that setting in "SETUP / UI / File Browser Appearance".

mojo wrote:Oh and a return button at the top to directly go to root folder without scrolling to the top of the folder.

Maybe also here, a setting could cover it.
The first version of the file browser didn't scroll down to the previously accessed folder when navigating to the parent using "..".
But quite a lot of users reported that as a misbehavior, as if they navigate out of a folder "xy" for example, they want to be dropped at the scroll position of the folder "xy".

mojo wrote:I was playing this morning with the synth and noticed it wasn't possible to step edit the inv of an envelope or any button of the synth. it would be cool to automate env or lfo shape or the osc mod type. it could lead to interesting sounds.

I'm sorry, but the toggling buttons of the synth cannot be automated, and it's not planned to change them in the near future.
Automating them would result in unwanted audio artefacts (when switching the modulation type or envelope inversion for example).

mojo wrote:voilà that's all for the requests thanks andreas for your work I'm happy to see it never stopped. and i don't know if i'm aware of all the new features added. Velocity and trig condition à la digitakt is awesome.

Thanks a lot, mojo, I'm glad to hear you like the Velocity and Step conditions (don't forget the micro steps;) ).
planet-h

Re: some features i'd like to see

Postby planet-h » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm

5.7.0.1 BETA 3 went online in this moment (for members of the BETA community).
If you're eagerly wanting the smaller file browser list items, just join the BETA community, or if you're in already, just opt in for beta testing and download the pre-release.

Return to “Feature Requests”