[DONE in 5.6.4.2] Android Bluetooth LE

Suggest and discuss new features here.
zed

Re: Android Bluetooth LE

Postby zed » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 am

planet-h wrote:Is the Android 7.0 on the K1 the stock Android from NVIDIA?

Yes, it is the stock Android from NVIDIA. I don't expect NVIDIA to publish Oreo for my 2nd gen. K1, so i will surely switch to a custom rom

planet-h wrote:Or is it also a custom rom?

OxygenOS is the stock Android from OnePlus and close to the stock Android of Nexus devices.

planet-h wrote:First of all we need the LPD8 here.
I still have the feeling that there will be a way to pair it using the regular pairing mechanism.
However, we'll know when we have it;).
We've ordered one last Friday. But since it's out of stock at the moment, it might take a week until we get it.

I guess you'll love this sweet and tiny AKAI controller… :)

planet-h wrote:Just out of curiosity, are you a developer?

Yes, but with little to no experience with Android APIs. Ich beschäftige mich da aber inzwischen mit. There are lot of things missing in the Android universe, e.g. LV2, LADSPA and a Carla-like MIDI-Patchbay/Rack. Würde ich alles sofort kaufen… ;)
The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made. – Jean Giraudoux

(Android: OP3, Nvidia K1 · MIDI: AKAI LPK25 Wireless, AKAI LPD8 Wireless)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:34 pm

zed wrote:Yes, it is the stock Android from NVIDIA. I don't expect NVIDIA to publish Oreo for my 2nd gen. K1, so i will surely switch to a custom rom

zed wrote:OxygenOS is the stock Android from OnePlus and close to the stock Android of Nexus devices.

Thanks a lot for the details. I didn't know about the OxygenOS.

zed wrote:I guess you'll love this sweet and tiny AKAI controller… :)

Hopefully I will;). It looks much better than the old LPD8.
I normally prefer the bigger controllers, like the AKAI MPK225 for example.
But unfortunately the MPK225 does not support BTLE.
So it's anyway good to have one of those.

zed wrote:Yes, but with little to no experience with Android APIs. Ich beschäftige mich da aber inzwischen mit. There are lot of things missing in the Android universe, e.g. LV2, LADSPA and a Carla-like MIDI-Patchbay/Rack. Würde ich alles sofort kaufen…

That explains why your initial post was that well detailed and included links to the API docs;)
And yes, totally agree, a plugin API would be very welcome.
A MIDI patchbay might come some day. There are no concrete plans yet, but as all the code exists already, it would surely make sense.
zed

Postby zed » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Just a quick update – i've just installed the official Oreo beta firmware on the OP3.

I still can't pair neither the LPK25 nor the LPD8 via the system bluetooth tools. It is still possible to use both controllers using the pairing mechanism of the tool mentioned before.
The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made. – Jean Giraudoux

planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm

zed wrote:Just a quick update – i've just installed the official Oreo beta firmware on the OP3.

I still can't pair neither the LPK25 nor the LPD8 via the system bluetooth tools. It is still possible to use both controllers using the pairing mechanism of the tool mentioned before.

Thanks for the update, zed.
Still waiting for the LPD8 Wireless here... it's in backorder :(
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Finally got the LPD8 Wireless, and I can confirm your report and reproduce the behavior, even on the latest Android Oreo build.
So it's clear that this has to be changed in G-Stomper.
I cannot give you any e.t.a. yet, but it's on the task list now.
zed

Postby zed » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks for the update. It's good to know that these sweet controllers will receive your support in the future... ;)

planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 am

Quick update for you, Zed
The current development build is now working with the LPD8 if it is paired with an external app (e.g. MidiSynthExample from Mobileer).
The latency is surprising low. To be honest, I don't feel a significant difference between hooking up the LPD8 over USB and BLE.
We're now working on a pairing mechanism, as this is clearly the way to go for the future.

Thanks again for spotting this problem.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm

I can now confirm, that the new Bluetooth LE hookup will be part of the next official update.
The beta tests will start the next days. If you're willing to join, just let me know.
zed

Postby zed » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Dear planet-h, thanks for the updates. I joined the beta channel on Google Play seconds after purchase. If you publish this build somewhere else, just let me know. i'm absolutely willing to beta test your apps… ;)

Edit: just joined the beta groups on g+ too…

planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:46 pm

zed wrote:Dear planet-h, thanks for the updates. I joined the beta channel on Google Play seconds after purchase. If you publish this build somewhere else, just let me know. i'm absolutely willing to beta test your apps… ;)

Edit: just joined the beta groups on g+ too…

Ah, perfect then;).
The beta will go online pretty soon.

There's a last feature coming in the next days (http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=654). After this is done, there are a few important bug fixes to do, but that's it.

Return to “Feature Requests”