Feature request: support for optional General MIDI selections to be used for MIDI export

Suggest and discuss new features here.
tonedef71

Feature request: support for optional General MIDI selections to be used for MIDI export

Postby tonedef71 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:30 pm

I like using G-Stomper Studio Pro's Export Pattern to MIDI feature. Would it be possible to enhance the MIDI export feature with some extra conveniences to support the General MIDI authoring standard?

For example, enable the user to optionally select General MIDI patch names (e.g. Tango Accordion; Shakuhachi; FX 6 (goblins); etc.) for VT tracks and GM Drum names (e.g. Electric Snare; Chinese Cymbal; Long Whistle; etc.) for Step Sequencer tracks, along with the user selection of output MIDI channel number 1-16 (e.g. channel 10 for drums/percussion).

Such MIDI export enhancements would allow for quicker and/or easier mapping afterwards within a DAW. These user selections could be specified either at the time of export (via a form dialog window) or during song creation (via some new extra options in track configuration).

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
--ToneDeF
TIXE DOPE

Re: Feature request: support for optional General MIDI selections to be used for MIDI export

Postby TIXE DOPE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:04 am

Eww dude, why are acting like that?
tonedef71

Re: Feature request: support for optional General MIDI selections to be used for MIDI export

Postby tonedef71 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:25 am

TIXE DOPE wrote:Eww dude, why are acting like that?

Come again?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:20 am

Thanks for your message, tonedef71

tonedef71 wrote:I like using G-Stomper Studio Pro's Export Pattern to MIDI feature. Would it be possible to enhance the MIDI export feature with some extra conveniences to support the General MIDI authoring standard?

For example, enable the user to optionally select General MIDI patch names (e.g. Tango Accordion; Shakuhachi; FX 6 (goblins); etc.) for VT tracks and GM Drum names (e.g. Electric Snare; Chinese Cymbal; Long Whistle; etc.) for Step Sequencer tracks, along with the user selection of output MIDI channel number 1-16 (e.g. channel 10 for drums/percussion).

Such MIDI export enhancements would allow for quicker and/or easier mapping afterwards within a DAW. These user selections could be specified either at the time of export (via a form dialog window) or during song creation (via some new extra options in track configuration).

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
--ToneDeF

I added an item to the list of "to-be-considered" features.
I cannot look deeper into it at the moment, since there too many other urgent tasks pending at the moment.
But I'll look at it at when the rush is over.
tonedef71

Postby tonedef71 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:28 am

Thank you!

Return to “Feature Requests”