Aftertouch

Suggest and discuss new features here.
dag

Aftertouch

Postby dag » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:12 pm

Hello! I'd like to request support for aftertouch, either in monophonic channel pressure but preferably full-on polyphonic key pressure, at least in the VA synth (less obviously useful in the sampler, even if not useless). I saw mention of this somewhere as a planned feature as part of a modulation matrix, which would be great, but thought I should post here anyway to show there's interest in such a feature.

I have a bunch of more ideas/requests that I need to write up; do you prefer separate postings for each [unrelated set of] feature[s], or one big post?

Cheers, Dag
planet-h

Re: Aftertouch

Postby planet-h » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:44 am

Welcome to the forum, Dag.
And thanks for your message.

dag wrote:Hello! I'd like to request support for aftertouch, either in monophonic channel pressure but preferably full-on polyphonic key pressure, at least in the VA synth (less obviously useful in the sampler, even if not useless). I saw mention of this somewhere as a planned feature as part of a modulation matrix, which would be great, but thought I should post here anyway to show there's interest in such a feature.

I have a bunch of more ideas/requests that I need to write up; do you prefer separate postings for each [unrelated set of] feature[s], or one big post?

Cheers, Dag

Regarding the aftertouch/poly pressure:
Yes you're right, it's on the plan. And I fully agree that this would be very useful.
It's the second planned part of the modulation upgrade for the VA-Beast synth.
The first part was modulation wheel, which is hooked up to a free assignable morph group.

Aftertouch/poly pressure will be implemented in a similar way, in other words there will be dedicated morph groups for each.
Also the Velocity will get an own morph group, so that you can change the filter timbre for example over the velocity range.

I cannot give you an e.t.a. yet, since there's at least one big update in between.
But it is fixed in the task list.

Regarding the ideas:
You can write them down in whatever way is the best for you.
It's of course helpful, if the ideas are grouped by module for example.
dag

Postby dag » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:14 am

Was going to post this as a separate feature request but it felt related and small enough that I'm posting it here instead.

I would like to be able to configure pitch bend per VT (and per pattern, presumably), possibly retaining some form of capability to set a global default. I find I often want it to span one or two octaves for some synths for interesting effects, but only a semitone for other synths for effects similar to bending the string on a guitar, say. It's a bit cumbersome having to change the setting every time but what's more it seems the current configuration actually affects recorded automations as well, ie. the automations just move the pitch bend but don't actually record the pitch bend range used at the time. It might be desirable to also record the used range in the automations, although if the range configuration is per synth it's only an issue in the (for me) rarer case of actually wanting to record different ranges in the same pattern/synth, not that important for me personally.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:28 pm

dag wrote:Was going to post this as a separate feature request but it felt related and small enough that I'm posting it here instead.

I would like to be able to configure pitch bend per VT (and per pattern, presumably), possibly retaining some form of capability to set a global default. I find I often want it to span one or two octaves for some synths for interesting effects, but only a semitone for other synths for effects similar to bending the string on a guitar, say. It's a bit cumbersome having to change the setting every time but what's more it seems the current configuration actually affects recorded automations as well, ie. the automations just move the pitch bend but don't actually record the pitch bend range used at the time. It might be desirable to also record the used range in the automations, although if the range configuration is per synth it's only an issue in the (for me) rarer case of actually wanting to record different ranges in the same pattern/synth, not that important for me personally.

Agree... I missed the per preset pitch bend range too in several situations.
I made a note in the task list for that change.

What I won't integrate is the automation of the pitch bend range, that is too exotic. You'll of course be able to automate the pitch wheel as usua.
It will be the same as for the mod wheel, where the morph mappings are per track (but only the wheel itself is automatable, not the morph amounts).

Hope that will fit your needs

Return to “Feature Requests”