Binaural plugin

Suggest and discuss new features here.
dnswr

Binaural plugin

Postby dnswr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi! I think G-Stomper is one of the best DAWs (Kind of Electribe 8).

If i had one wish, i would want to have a binauraul (HRTF) plugin in the Master Section, so we can build on headphones with a kind of studio monitor feeling. You hear Pannings better and got a defined Middle of your mix (BD comes really from the middle, nor hole in your soundfield)

About BINAURAL AUDIO spatalizing: Reproduction of a stereo or surround mix with a pair of conventional stereo headphones. It relies on proven technology to model the various phenomena that occur when playing back audio material through a loudspeaker system.

"This allows monitoring a full surround mix in situations when a surround-capable environment is not available or practical.

Binaural technology
Binaural technology encompasses methods for recording, processing, synthesizing and reproducing sound that are specifically designed to preserve tridimensional localisation properties.

In order to mimic the impression of a sound originating from a given incidence, it is sufficient to filter a mono signal, which on its own lacks any kind of spatial information, with both left and right HRTF filters. This constitutes the foundation of binaural synthesis."

On Pc i use this VSTplugin: http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isone/

Spotify also got a nice "3D Audio" option.

greetz

Andy
planet-h

Re: Binaural plugin

Postby planet-h » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, dnswr, and thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying G-Stomper.
Also thanks a lot for the clear explanation.

I'll take a close look to it and see if it's possible.
There are several factors, one of them is surely the cpu consumption.

I like the idea, that's for sure, and it went straight to the task list.
Just cannot give you a promise yet.
dnswr

Re: Binaural plugin

Postby dnswr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Thank you for the reply!

If you could create that function some day, that would be ... !!

If anyone wants to check out a BINAURAL recording: https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/spr ... -mountains
Search for "binaural" "hrtf" or "3D Audio"

Return to “Feature Requests”