Pure MIDI sequencer

Suggest and discuss new features here.
LilFonky

Pure MIDI sequencer

Postby LilFonky » Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 am

I'm hoping to use gstomper exclusively to control outboard equipment. I'd like to see a cut-down version that can run 16 or more tracks of MIDI only, with all of the virtual instruments and audio features omitted. The could be either a mode or template within gstomper studio or else a separate product, which I'd totally be willing to pay separately for.

I'd also like to arbitrarily set the MIDI input and output channel for each track in the main interface without having to go menu diving. Thid could be as simple as a pair of boxes in the screen margin with up and down buttons to increment and decrement the channel for each track.
planet-h

Re: Pure MIDI sequencer

Postby planet-h » Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 am

LilFonky wrote:I'm hoping to use gstomper exclusively to control outboard equipment. I'd like to see a cut-down version that can run 16 or more tracks of MIDI only, with all of the virtual instruments and audio features omitted. The could be either a mode or template within gstomper studio or else a separate product, which I'd totally be willing to pay separately for.

I'd also like to arbitrarily set the MIDI input and output channel for each track in the main interface without having to go menu diving. Thid could be as simple as a pair of boxes in the screen margin with up and down buttons to increment and decrement the channel for each track.

Regarding the MIDI channel selection:
I've answered this question in your other thread: http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=460

Regarding the "Pure MIDI Sequencer" request:
You can use all G-Stomper Apps as pure MIDI sequencer.
All you have to to is to create a preset with all virtual instruments omitted.
To use a particular Track as "Pure MIDI Instrument", long press the Track Pad (e.g. T01), then on the very first tab from the left, enable "MIDI Instrument (Internal Sound OFF)".

Return to “Feature Requests”