Round Robin Samples

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Nagarma

Round Robin Samples

Postby Nagarma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello

It would be a great idea to use round robin samples.
For example, you could load drum machines libraries in the G-Stomper and change the sample depending of the velocity instead of using different samples on each pad
The same kick drum or snare with different accent
planet-h

Re: Round Robin Samples

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:37 am

Welcome to the forum, Nagarma

Nagarma wrote:It would be a great idea to use round robin samples.
For example, you could load drum machines libraries in the G-Stomper and change the sample depending of the velocity instead of using different samples on each pad
The same kick drum or snare with different accent

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say Round-Robin is not exactly what you describe.
As far as I know, Round-Robin means that you load multiple samples (all slightly different sounding) to the same pad, and every time you hit that pad the next sample is played (instead of always the same one) independent on the velocity. It's just meant to cycle through a list of slightly different samples to avoid synthetic sounding drums. Is it that what you want to do? In any way, sounds like a great thing to have. Goes straight to the task list.

What you describe is in fact a multi sampled drum kit with multiple velocity layers for each sound.
If it is that what you're looking fore, then I have good news for you.
G-Stomper Studio 5.0 is coming very soon, and it'll bring full featured wavetable synthesis to the VA-Beast Synth.
In other words you'll be able to load multi sampled sounds (also drum kits) to the VA-Beast Synth.
Such kits can have multiple velocity layers, which means depending on the velocity a specific sample will be played.

GSS 5 is already in BETA. If you're a regular google play buyer, then you can join the tests and check it out (unfortunately Amazon and SlideME customers cannot join the tests, sorry)
G-Stomper Studio 5 open BETA

Return to “Feature Requests”