[DONE in 5.5] Ableton Link

Suggest and discuss new features here.
varikusbrainz

[DONE in 5.5] Ableton Link

Postby varikusbrainz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Title says it.

I'd like to see Ableton Link integrated, theres a whole raft of iOS apps with it already, though Android's latency issues make it slightly less exciting but still usefull
https://www.ableton.com/en/link/
planet-h

Re: Ableton Link

Postby planet-h » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:49 am

Welcome to the fourm, varikusbrainz.

varikusbrainz wrote:Title says it.

I'd like to see Ableton Link integrated, theres a whole raft of iOS apps with it already, though Android's latency issues make it slightly less exciting but still usefull

Ableton Link is on the plan for future releases. But there is no e.t.a. yet. Ableton Link is only available for ios at the moment. I'll contact Ableton in January, the we see if there's something going on for Android.
Arfa Grekos

Postby Arfa Grekos » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:21 am

Its now january and if you had ableton link you would be anle to boost sales as ableton does not jave a mobile version and your app is great in my opinoon although if you could update and habe abletons arrangement mode or clip mode youd be better
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks for your message, Arfa.

Arfa Grekos wrote:Its now january and if you had ableton link you would be anle to boost sales as ableton does not jave a mobile version and your app is great in my opinoon although if you could update and habe abletons arrangement mode or clip mode youd be better

The point is that Ableton Link is not yet available for Android devices.
If it will be available on Android someday, then G-Stomper will get it, but til yet, it's not possible. Ableton only rolled it out to IOS yet.
infotoxin

Postby infotoxin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am

Well, it just went open. ;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:53 am

infotoxin wrote:Well, it just went open. ;)

I know;) ... and it won't take very long until the first sdks pop up (hopefully)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri May 19, 2017 12:43 pm

I can now officially confirm that Ableton Link will be part of the next update ;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm

varikusbrainz wrote:Title says it.

V5.5 has Ableton Link integrated.
The open beta tests started today;)

http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=600
riche

Re: [DONE in 5.5] Ableton Link

Postby riche » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:44 am

I want to try using Ableton Link to connect my Tablet and Phone together - to play G-Stomper simultaneously in sync.
Somewhere I read that its easy - by connecting both devises to the same wireless LAN.
So I dont have wireless LAN- or does WiFi tethering fall into this category?
planet-h

Re: [DONE in 5.5] Ableton Link

Postby planet-h » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 am

riche wrote:I want to try using Ableton Link to connect my Tablet and Phone together - to play G-Stomper simultaneously in sync.
Somewhere I read that its easy - by connecting both devises to the same wireless LAN.
So I dont have wireless LAN- or does WiFi tethering fall into this category?

If you do not have a WLAN/WiFi hotspot, then you can create one with your mobile device, yes.
But keep in mind, that in 99% of all cases a device cannot act as WiFi hotspot and connect to itself at the same time.
So in other words, you'll need a dedicated device that acts as WiFi hotspot.
My recommendation is to use a dedicated WiFi hotspot (a specific device, not an android device). There are many such devices available below 50$. I use a normal Netgear WiFi access point.
But at the end it's your choice, as both works well, Android device as hotspot or a dedicated WiFi access point device.

Also, the WiFi does not require internet access, as it's only used for local communication between Link enabled devices.

Return to “Feature Requests”