A Few Ideas

Suggest and discuss new features here.
shaulhadar

A Few Ideas

Postby shaulhadar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Planeth.
first I want to say, this is an amazing app! really great workflow and amazing options! i really like it :)

I have a few suggestions that could be great , if its ok.

1. Any way to make the latency better? I just downloaded the demo of the ik multimedia electronic ep and piano and it has no latency almost, so it is somehow possible to do it on android (i am no developer, just checking things out and noticed this), btw I have a samsung tab s 8.4 which in most applications doesn't give good latency, but with the new ik multimedia stuff its actually the best i have seen until now.

2. In song mode, it would be really great to see what it the current time of the song, currently it only shows the length of all the song.

3. Please add an option for background audio playing. this way i can play music through gstomper, open another synth in my tablet, and jam together with gstomper. this can be a great addition in my opinion :)

4. If there could be any place to actually see the automations, and than edit them in one place, this could be super.

Thanks for your great product and the time you put on it, I really appreciate your abilities!!!

-Shaul.
planet-h

Re: A Few Ideas

Postby planet-h » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 am

Welcome to the forum, Shaul.
And thanks a lot for the kind words, it's great to hear that you like the G-Stomper apps:)
Also thanks for the suggestions, that's of course OK and much appreciated

shaulhadar wrote:1. Any way to make the latency better? I just downloaded the demo of the ik multimedia electronic ep and piano and it has no latency almost, so it is somehow possible to do it on android (i am no developer, just checking things out and noticed this), btw I have a samsung tab s 8.4 which in most applications doesn't give good latency, but with the new ik multimedia stuff its actually the best i have seen until now.

On the main screen, press 'setup', select the AUD tab and change the 'AudioSystem' from AudioTrack to OpenSL.
Depending on your Android Version, this will get the GSS internal latency on your device down to 20ms (Android 5.x) or 40ms (Android 4.x).
Furthermore, the next update (GSS 4.4) will allow even shorter internal latency times (Android 5.x down to 10ms on your device).

shaulhadar wrote:2. In song mode, it would be really great to see what it the current time of the song, currently it only shows the length of all the song.

This is on the plan. Showing the current time in the playing song is, let's say kinda problematic, since there's no fixed time line in the song arrangement. The reason for that behavior is the strict concept of live usage. Even if you play a song in song mode, you can factually change, interrupt, extend or just customize the arrangement at any time. This makes it very difficult to show a time, There might be an approximation, but it won't be 100% accurate, since the song arrangement is in fact only a direction, which you can change in many ways. Imagine what happens, if you're in song mode and you enable the "loop" switch on the main drum machine. This forces the current pattern to loop within the current bar as long as the loop switch is enabled.
You see the problem?
However, I keep that in mind.

shaulhadar wrote:3. Please add an option for background audio playing. this way i can play music through gstomper, open another synth in my tablet, and jam together with gstomper. this can be a great addition in my opinion :)

You actually have that one already;). Just long press the 'stop' button to activate the stop lock feature. This keeps the sequencer running when the screen is locked.
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_GeneralControlsInfo.htm#_Toc423427823

shaulhadar wrote:4. If there could be any place to actually see the automations, and than edit them in one place, this could be super.

There's something planned in that direction, called the Automation editor. It'll be a new sequencer view, dedicated for Automations of any kind.
I cannot give you a integration date for it yet, but it's on the task list.
shaulhadar

Postby shaulhadar » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:33 am

Wow, thanks for the fast response!
This sounds great :)

I will definitely check the background playing option, its great that it is already there.

Yeah, I understand about the timing option, it is more complex that i thought of!

I am sure you will make Gstomper the best music app for android :)

Thanks again for your time,
Shaul.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:51 am

I am sure you will make Gstomper the best music app for android :)

Thank you, Shoul. I give my best;)

Return to “Feature Requests”