snapshot automation

Suggest and discuss new features here.
vadim

Re: snapshot automation

Postby vadim » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Is there some news in putting snapshot automation in next release?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi Vadim
vadim wrote:Is there some news in putting snapshot automation in next release?

Unfortunately not yet, sorry. The next two releases are already planned, and there's no more room (regarding time and capacity) for more features in these two releases. Version 4.4.2 will bring a major upgrade of the VA-Beast Synth + the long awaited simplification of sample and synth preset selection. Version 5.0 is planned for the end of this year and will bring wavetable synthesis to the synth.

Once these are finished I can consider new features.
vadim

Postby vadim » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:33 am

I think now,after the maker did so nice job with the synth part,comes a time to make a change to the sequencer of g stomper from nice ,to terrific by adding snapshot(scene)
automation!!!
When you will put it,You will ask yourself how you lived without it..
For today's prodused real and soft grooveboxes,this feature used by maschindrum only..
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:47 am

Hi vading

vadim wrote:I think now,after the maker did so nice job with the synth part,comes a time to make a change to the sequencer of g stomper from nice ,to terrific by adding snapshot(scene)
automation!!!
When you will put it,You will ask yourself how you lived without it..
For today's prodused real and soft grooveboxes,this feature used by maschindrum only..

It is on the plan. But there are still other things in front of it. Please keep in mind that I get tons of feature requests, ideas/suggestions, and it's not possible to start 10 things at the same time. That would result in low quality results. The synth is actually only halfway done, with the previous update it got Multi-Sample based synthesis. The next update, planned for end of June this year, will complete the synth with ppg style wavetable synthesis (which will be the last big update for the VA-Beast synth, for now). What features will come together with the final synth upgrade is not decided yet, depends on the progress and how much of the time frame will be left.

For now, there's a short coding break due to many other waiting tasks (marketing, content packs and other things that cannot wait anymore).

Snapshot automation is nailed in the task list, but there's no e.t.a yet. I have a concept in mind, and I'll definitely look at it during the next coding cycle and see if it fits in.

Return to “Feature Requests”