my requests

Suggest and discuss new features here.
User avatar
EIPStudiosOhio
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Re: my requests

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:33 pm

What I meant by 'mute groups' are assigning control let's say for an open and closed hat.... Hitting the ClosedHat pad immediately stops the OpenHat pad's audio.....

This is very useful for acoustic drums, but also for electronic kits as well (Oh 8 kits and such for a variety of styles) this can also come in handy for multiple sample hits or drum breaks chopped down into bites....
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: my requests

Postby planet-h » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:40 pm

EIPStudiosOhio wrote:What I meant by 'mute groups' are assigning control let's say for an open and closed hat.... Hitting the ClosedHat pad immediately stops the OpenHat pad's audio.....

This is very useful for acoustic drums, but also for electronic kits as well (Oh 8 kits and such for a variety of styles) this can also come in handy for multiple sample hits or drum breaks chopped down into bites....


I know;). Exactly that is planned for 4.4 or 4.5
In addition you'll get Layer Groups, the opposite ... to stack multiple samples.
Since the mapping logic can be shared, both mute groups and layer groups will be integrated at once.
mojo
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Re: my requests

Postby mojo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi i have another little idea :

A button like the fine tune one (but i don't know how to call it) that when it's enabled when you change a fader position act normally and when you release your finger the fader come back to it's initial position.

That would be awesome in live situation for example if you want to change the pitch of a sample it's hard to come back manually to zero.

Ciao ciao
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: my requests

Postby planet-h » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:18 pm

mojo wrote:Hi i have another little idea :

A button like the fine tune one (but i don't know how to call it) that when it's enabled when you change a fader position act normally and when you release your finger the fader come back to it's initial position.

That would be awesome in live situation for example if you want to change the pitch of a sample it's hard to come back manually to zero.

Ciao ciao


You actually have already a feature which lets you jump back to the zero (initial) position.

Simply long press the fader label (the text below the fader) to jump back to zero.

Furthermore, short press the fader label to show its current value (without changing the value).

But still, I find it a good idea, just to test new parameter values before applying them for real.
With that function enabled the faders could go back to their previous position (the one before you touched it), which must not implicitly be the "initial" position.
Goes directly to the task list. I'd say that would fit very well as secondary function of the fine tune buttons, what you think?
mojo
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Re: my requests

Postby mojo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:05 pm

I know the trick to press long time the fader label but it's too long. And yes when i said initial position i mean the value before you touch the fader. Cool if it's possible !!!

You'll have to work day & night with me : ))
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: my requests

Postby planet-h » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:07 pm

mojo wrote:I know the trick to press long time the fader label but it's too long. And yes when i said initial position i mean the value before you touch the fader. Cool if it's possible !!!

You'll have to work day & night with me : ))


fortunately this change is a no-brainer, very easy to achieve. Just tested around a bit with it, and I liked it so much that decided to include it as a last minute change for version 4.3, which is still in beta.

Thanks again for the hint. Great Idea, not much of work, and a very useful feature!
mojo
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Re: my requests

Postby mojo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks i tested it that's really cool !!!
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: my requests

Postby planet-h » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:55 pm

mojo wrote:Thanks i tested it that's really cool !!!


Great, thanks for the feedback
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: my requests

Postby planet-h » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

mojo wrote:- Some mute groups in the sampler (4 or 5).


Mute groups went live today with the latest hot fix release 4.3.2.
mojo
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Re: my requests

Postby mojo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Wouhou i just tried it and it'stoo cool, this feature was really missing. I just rated the app on the store (5 stars with nice comments of course).
Thanks for your work. For the moment i don't see anything to add, i'm really happy like that.

Do you have some idea about the future of g stomper ??? I want to know !!! I want to know !!!

Return to “Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests