i find this request skiddish on alot of fronts

Suggest and discuss new features here.
derrtiblu

i find this request skiddish on alot of fronts

Postby derrtiblu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:51 am

The music in g stomper is str8 linear. As box. No wave of overlap layers as all has two be place in t he confines of the parameters. This is an odd force of style. As i would like two know how two do rhythms not as structured as the app is. As with this app only. Not another app. Cause i think it can be done. But how?
planet-h

Re: i find this request skiddish on alot of fronts

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:51 am

Hi derrtiblu

derrtiblu wrote:The music in g stomper is str8 linear. As box. No wave of overlap layers as all has two be place in t he confines of the parameters. This is an odd force of style. As i would like two know how two do rhythms not as structured as the app is. As with this app only. Not another app. Cause i think it can be done. But how?

If you can explain, what exact rhythms you want to create, then I can give you an explanation how to do it. Maybe you can send me an example, a youtube/soundcloud link or similar.
Actually you can do any kind of async/odd beats. Just experiment with the settings "Steps per Bar", "Swing" and "Swing affected Steps" on the Timing & Measure section.

Regarding the overlap. Guess you mean the overlap of multiple notes of the sampler modules, right? The samplers are in fact monophonic, so it's clear, that overlapping is not allowed. And since the sampler modules are designed for drums, you have no NoteOn/NoteOff, you simply trigger a sample. There'll be an extension of the VA-Beast synth in the future, actually the integration of wavetable synthesis, which will allow to load multi-sampled instruments. And since the VA-Beast is polyphonic, you'll of course be able to overlap notes.
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:48 pm

One rhythm off topp is reggae. Or rock or any song where u have complications of rhythm doing two or more thangs.

sometimes in middle/jr high school. I remember then called it "cannon style singing." The song is always doing something lil or alot different than just a singin' 2 parts!!.

The accent of a third. For alot is lead.

If in instrumental pre-production..... it adds more fuller dynamics two create more than just a song. But movement of albums.

Cause certain hooks melodies maybe revisit and spin-offs emerge.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:59 pm

So what is it you cannot do with G-Stomper?

For me it sounds pretty easy to achieve what you describe
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 am

I guess my overlappin' parts i would wanna do. Its just more rigid in box format of a structure. Not much offset ways of ideas in g stomper. But not much of a problem of doing projects of production. Just, gotta remember what i'm using verses what i am not using.

Your intentions for g-stomper is innovatively different. Dat's cool!!! I need two wrap my head around doing my ideas either not using g stomper. Or maybe..... consider the way g stomper functions and look more totality at how i wanna produce my ideas. In the end. Sum ideas r the problem of the originator of the idea not the tools the idea will be used.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:38 am

derrtiblu wrote:I guess my overlappin' parts i would wanna do. Its just more rigid in box format of a structure.

You mean the overlapping of samples when switching between patterns?

You can actually do that. Press setup on the G-Stomper main screen, then select the "SMP" tab and activate the "allow long playing samples to overlap pattern changes" checkbox.
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:31 am

Hmmmm ok!!! I needa crash i will come back and check this out.

Return to “Feature Requests”